Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would be amazed if we paid transfer fees for any more players given our financial position. Frees and loans only.
From my understanding we’ve basically had £60m wiggle room to begin with after selling Richarlison. We’ve also got an insane amount of money off the wage bill too. As I understand it regarding transfers we can spend that £60m+ but that doesn’t account for the full transfer fee, just the initial payment that we’d be paying this year.

In total we’ve brought in only £60m of players roughly between Onana, McNeil and Maupay. Although we’ve probably only paid £35m or something like that this year so in theory there’s still money to spend. Garner, Brereton Diaz and Gana are all only reportedly costing somewhere between a max of £30m-£40m in total.

I might be misunderstanding it but I’m pretty sure that’s how I’ve seen it explained. If so we should still have money to spend if we can structure deals right, United will be happy to do that, Gana will be either cheap or free and it’ll really only be trying to negotiate something with Blackburn that could be a problem as you’d imagine they’d want a lot up front to get a replacement in.

Well, yes, but its only saved if they are replaced with nobody.

But for example, cos im bored.

Rich 80
Allan 70
Gomes 120
Dele 50
Gmblammo 25
JJK 25
Tosun 70
Number 10 120
Delph 100
2 loans 100k Hide and seek, El Hidey

760k "saved"

Onana 60
Tarks 100
Maups 70
Dwighty 70
Coads 80
Ving 50

430k spent so far
You just made half of that up. No way Ving is on 50 or Dwighty on 70 for that matter. Can't see Coads being on 80 at Wolves and doubt very much Tara's is on 100. Reckon you could easily knock 80-100 off that figure.

I’m ok with Maupay, looking at his goal return and the price. I would still like Gana and Brereton Diaz though before the deadline. I think it give us more options.

From my understanding we’ve basically had £60m wiggle room to begin with after selling Richarlison. We’ve also got an insane amount of money off the wage bill too. As I understand it regarding transfers we can spend that £60m+ but that doesn’t account for the full transfer fee, just the initial payment that we’d be paying this year.

In total we’ve brought in only £60m of players roughly between Onana, McNeil and Maupay. Although we’ve probably only paid £35m or something like that this year so in theory there’s still money to spend. Garner, Brereton Diaz and Gana are all only reportedly costing somewhere between a max of £30m-£40m in total.

I might be misunderstanding it but I’m pretty sure that’s how I’ve seen it explained. If so we should still have money to spend if we can structure deals right, United will be happy to do that, Gana will be either cheap or free and it’ll really only be trying to negotiate something with Blackburn that could be a problem as you’d imagine they’d want a lot up front to get a replacement in.
i looked at the wage reduction and it’s not as much as you may think. We have lost over l£100m per season and the wage reduction is nowhere near that.

siggy 100k, Delph, 80k Tosun 80k plus Kenny.

let’s say 300k per week. 100m equates to1.9m per week.

We have subsequently signed six players, so I recon were spending more on wages than we saved.

Added to that, there are probably liabilities to pay for our previous purchases. Some of the Richarlison money probably has to go on debt.

Finally, we earned less money because of our lowly league position.

Think we see Gana/Garner in, Gordon gone and replaced with 1 left field and 1 mentioned in the Wham list.

Allan, Gomes out the door also.

3 Ins
3 Outs

For me.

I think the possibilities remain quite wide for the end of the window to be quite honest. As you would expect from a team that may get a 50-60m boost in the final week of the window.

If Gordon does go Gakpo feels like the most realistic big budget replacement we could achieve before the end of the window, especially with PSV not making CL. In which case our old friend Anwar could finally make himself useful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back