Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe. But Frank will still play Gordon and Rondon. And they are both crap.
Rondon is done after today, Maupay starts on Tuesday and the Derby, maybe with Diaz or Guirassy. Kudus is more a midfielder so would be an option with Onana, Iwobi, Gana (once signed), Davies and Garner (if signed)

Rondon is done after today, Maupay starts on Tuesday and the Derby, maybe with Diaz or Guirassy. Kudus is more a midfielder so would be an option with Onana, Iwobi, Gana (once signed), Davies and Garner (if signed)
Where are we getting 4 more players from, without the funds from a Gordon sale?

In a way I'm surprised that a player of his profile is going somewhere like West Ham. Having said that I think he's the sort of player you need to build the team around and that wouldn't happen at a bigger club.

I wouldn't be surprised if he personally has a successful season, but this may come at the expense of other players like Bowen and the overall team .

£50m+ is a lot of money too. Not saying he isn't worth it but Kudus on loan with option for a third of that price could be the better deal if it happens.

Yes these players can be difficult to accommodate in the starting 11 but not having 1 in your squad is a mistake. A lot of the teams we will be competing against have this type of option

Any move for Brereton-Diaz will probably be late window after a definitive decision either way on Gordon. If we sell Gordon I would hope the target level will be different to him.

Where are we getting 4 more players from, without the funds from a Gordon sale?

Makes sense to take a hard line on Gordon publicly, get our business done without being held to ransom and then pull the trigger on Gordon. We will learn a lot today on whether he plays. Would be a huge risk to gamble playing him and he gets a bad injury

Lampard said recentyl he wants to use up loan options. Saw Elanga from United linked, and City trying to loan out that Cole Palmer. They might become options if nothing happens with Chelsea. Kudos at Ajax is still there too. Can easily see two low cost loans.

Gana seems to be a deal the club will do, on our terms, so essentially low fee. Still think this one goes through on deadline day. That would be 3 players, with minimal outlay.

I think we will pick of Garner too mate, same position as Warrington so would explain why we'd look to loan him out as Lampard alluded too yesterday.

Yep and if we didn’t blow money on crap for years we’d be signing players like him!

I do have faith in Thelwell going forward though, can’t see us being anywhere near as bad in the market as we were with Brands or Walsh

I am on the fence to be honest. I like the strategy of bringing in leaders and scrappers because make no mistake we are going to be fighting in the bottom half so having big characters will help. However, outside of Onana and the failed Kudas attempt there has been little imagination shown. We have opted for tried and tested where the ceiling is pretty much known. I thought if we were to bring 6 in it would be 3 tried and tested and 3 younger high potential from the continent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back