Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyway back on topic. I’m still fully expecting a busy few weeks for us before the window shuts. Would be very surprised if we don’t end the window with a new starting RB, winger and a CM. So right now I’m still positive.

I fully expect us to do more business between now and the end of the window:

• Starting quality RB
• Starting quality Winger

We will also see a few faces depart.

Notwithstanding the above, I do believe that our squad is currently stronger than it was at the start of the window:

Sold / Released:
  1. Olsen (Loan Return)
  2. King (Released)
  3. Besic (Released)
  4. Connolly (Released)
  5. Pennington (Released)
  6. Walcott (Released)
  7. Bolasie (Released)
  8. Bowler (Released)
  9. Bernard
  10. Baningime
  11. Gibson (Loan)
There is no one on that list that we will miss.

The players we’ve brought in:

• Begovic > Olsen
• Gray > Walcott
• Townsend = Bernard / Bolasie (although Townsend is arguably more suited to how we want to play i.e. crosses into the box)

I know there is a lot of negativity on this board at the moment, but I’m trying my best to remain positive. We must remember that we’re yet to kick a ball in anger, plus there are weeks of the transfer window still to go, so let’s be patient.
@Noisy noise annoys...there's your positivity.

Begovic isn't better than Olsen, and Townsend has never in his life been better than Bernard.

Releasing (no sales) 11 players is hardly a reason to be cheerful. It shows a total failure of transfer strategy to not have sold them before they lost all their value.

OK

So where do you see us at the end of the window Chief?

A RB, defensive mid, right-wing in, and no outs?

Happy with the current squad, current manager, happy with Brands.

Top 5, Top 10?

Tell us?

A few big earners will leave on top of those already gone, freeing up enough wage bill to allow an RB and more depending on who actually goes.
If you HONESTLY believe we will finish the trans window with a spend of £1.5 million and a huge wage reduction with no incomings then I cannot change that, I do however, look forward to vaulting the arse off about 30 posters. To add, should none of that materialise and I am wrong, I will humbly apologise, not just disappear only to come back next window and start again.

A few big earners will leave on top of those already gone, freeing up enough wage bill to allow an RB and more depending on who actually goes.
If you HONESTLY believe we will finish the trans window with a spend of £1.5 million and a huge wage reduction with no incomings then I cannot change that, I do however, look forward to vaulting the arse off about 30 posters. To add, should none of that materialise and I am wrong, I will humbly apologise, not just disappear only to come back next window and start again.
Fact, not hunches, rumours, and hearsay?

Just asking, not fighting...

I honestly believe (hunch) that Richarlison could be on his way for us to buy the players we need.

Begovic isn't better than Olsen, and Townsend has never in his life been better than Bernard.

Releasing (no sales) 11 players is hardly a reason to be cheerful. It shows a total failure of transfer strategy to not have sold them before they lost all their value.

Double-check my original post; at no point did I say that Townsend is better than Bernard.

Begovic versus Olsen is open to debate. I personally prefer Begovic, but we’re splitting hairs.

My friends tell me I am quite funny.

A realist though, so that's what I apply to being an Everton supporter.

Unfortunately, there are some on here who just don't want to see the wood from the trees.
Season before last you said we would be relegated mid season. Said I'd put money to a charity of your choice If we were In the bottom 6 . And if not you would. You didn't accept.
Same again for next season ? Or will you just talk bubbles and not be strong in your convictions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back