Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Buta, Rondon, Longstaff and McNeil are the strongest links then?

With James, Delph, Kean and Kenny likely to be moved on?

That would be an absolute car crash of a window.
If we signed all of them, on top of who we brought in, and only lost who you have listed, I would say that was a great window, especially given the financial restrictions we appear to be under.

We would essentially be losing James as a player who did anything last year to strengthen the squad with 7 players.

If we could sell Iwobi and cancel someone else's contract on top, I'd say things were finally starting to look up.

Another player who doesn't score very many goals. We're so reliant on Richarlison and DCL this season, outside of those two I have no idea where the goals are gonna come from.
Agree but Mcneil at least has promise and five assists isn't too shabby in a average team he could get more in ours and develop. Other links mainly will add to our deadwood in short order for me...

arsenal seem to love spunking massive money on average/bad players at the minute (30m for ramsdale lol ), any chance they'd take iwobi back?!
Arsenal have come to the same place we were a couple of years ago. They are no longer good enough to attract the really good players so they have to overpay for average players. Won't work any better for them than it did for us, they are already having as much problem selling their dross as we are.

Both us and Arsenal have to follow the Leicester playbook. Buy Championship players on the up (Maddison), buy foreign players outside the "major" leagues (Tielemans) and get lucky with players coming up through the system (Vardy).

What we did with Godfrey is a start, DCL is the kind of success you have to have - we need to get the foreign recruitment from places like Belgium, Netherlands, Portugal and maybe France right. We need more of that and less of Voldemort, Walcott and others. Can't spend 30m on average because the wages you have to pay with that type of player leaves you hamstrung.

Last edited:
Well we finished above them last season, so we’ll soon see who has had a better window.
Agreed.

But, if we lost Richarlison or DCL and replaced them with the players Villa have signed I would be hopeful that they will improve us in spite of losing our best player but I certainly would have doubts.

I think Grealish was a bigger influence on Villa than Richarlison is on Everton btw.

For years I have been listening to clubs who have going to pass us out and leave us trailing, but we are still a top half premiership team and most of the others have slipped back.

I think Villa will be mid table this season and there is nothing wrong with that..
I haven't a clue where we will be but we still have all the players so far that had us in the top six area for most of last season , I think the next three weeks will influence that a lot.

I think the addition of maybe three or even two more quality players would give us a very strong first eleven and my hope is we get those.

Villa have lost their best player by a country mile. He was also their captain.

I can imagine what would be said on here if we spent 30m on Danny Ings and their other signings have never played in the Premiership.

I am not saying they are bad signings , they may be brilliant but I can't see how anybody can say that Villa are out performing any club in this window.
They will wipe the floor with us unfortunately. We haven't improved at all this window on a 10th place squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back