Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
We did hoping them would buckle and just pay the money but they didnt. He is now going to Juve on loan.

Its a world cup year but even if he has a bad season he is deffo still in that wc squad.
Tell you what mate the worst thing is sell our star player and thus use the same amount to buy two bang average players with no international prestige.

We have zero need to sell our star player here zero incentive.

I don't actually think we'll sell him.

But smacks of old if we sell Richarlison and then don't actually bring anyone in. My point was, if we fold and collapse then we deserve everything we get.

Not against sell for profit, but this would just be stupid on our behalf.
Yes, but this is Everton lol

Assuming the links are true then I do have every sympathy with the player. A chance to play with his mate Neymar and Messi in the CL, live in Paris and get a pay rise. How many times can we keep asking him to give us one more year as the club continues to tread water?

Still not 100 percent convinced it will happen though.

We also had not planned on Ancelotti going either by all accounts.
However with Richarlison, there was always surely going to be a point where a club came in for him.
No. Not surely at all. There was always a risk. But if we started buying players on the assumption somebody came in for him, and nobody did, we'd have been screwed. We'd also have been desperate to sell by that stage and probably would have accepted anything.

If a bid does come in, and there's no guarantee at this stage that it will, then we're hamstrung by the lateness of it. I think we'll turn it down simply because it's too late to get suitable replacement in

So imagine that we loose Kean, Richy and James in the next few days - and get £100 mil (factoring in the £25 mil. the obligation to buy Kean). And looking at the players we have been linked with we might end up with:

- Saint-Maximine
- McNeil
- Maupay
- Patterson
- Jebbison

Would that not improve our squad or at least fill the gaps left by the three and give us more width?
maybe better, certainly cheaper options:

Hudson Odoi or Neres or Perez (maybe we need 2 of them)
Rondon & Jebbison (can not see him being ready as back up for DCL)

Yes, but this is Everton lol

Assuming the links are true then I do have every sympathy with the player. A chance to play with his mate Neymar and Messi in the CL, live in Paris and get a pay rise. How many times can we keep asking him to give us one more year as the club continues to tread water?

Still not 100 percent convinced it will happen though.

I still believe he'll go. But just not this week.

I'm convinced we'll have done a now infamous "gentlemans agreement", and said he can go the Olympics if he gives us another year, and then you go to PSG. We did something similar with Gueye and he gave us a cracking 6-months.

Then we can accordingly plan. Well, unless PSG really do go stupid and offer €100m for him.

Tell you what mate the worst thing is sell our star player and thus use the same amount to buy two bang average players with no international prestige.

We have zero need to sell our star player here zero incentive.
I dont think we should even buy anyone if he goes as Brands will go full panic mode. Just finish between 15th & 10th and reinvest next season.

I am not a saying we should sell him as it will be a grim season but its whats going to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.