Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
So if it’s Luiz in, Richarlison stays; is the plan to play Gray on the right?
If we’re not going to sell Richy, i assue its to be able to play him up front with DCL or in a free role. I think Grays best work for us so fars come from the left tho, so who knows.

I mean this happened maybe 2 or 3 times all season.

We literally have other players who can't pass forwards.

I can get the arguments against James. Lack of pace, energy and fitness. All agreed there. And for that reason he probably doesn't suit right now and given his wages we need those freed up. But it's revisionism in the extreme to suddenly say an issue was he lost the ball a lot :D
He doesn’t have the energy to do the defensive work that a team like Everton require. I like him, but he needs to be in a system where he doesn’t have to do defensive work.
He could pick out some great king passes, certainly. and I understand that element of creativity. However, I think the stats showed our points per game were higher without him in the team.
Once teams knew he would look for a long pass to the left, I think they worked out how to stifle him. They also crowded him until he made a mistake.
Fitness and energy are a big part of all this. The whole team including James weren’t fit enough. The biggest issue though was how much time he missed. He was never quite the same following the GBH VVD inflicted on him.

Never got the hate against Osman. Good player who always gave his all. Good technique and great brain for football. Only drawback was his size.

Slow, weak and shot like a 7 year old girl. But he kept the ball well in tight spaces and read the game well, took up good positions and was actually good in the air for a midget. He was decent for us over a long spell of time.

Davies has Osman's technique just not Osman's brain.

Both are/were slight and slow, but Osman's knew where to be and use the ball.

….sadly, I think Davies is a long way off having Osman’s quality. Osman could start things up from deep, he could set things up in the top third and he could score all types of goals. i watched Osman lots coming through the Academy, he had twinkle toe feet, amazing balance & the ability to take the ball on the left or right.

I like Davies, he’s a good lad but I’m afraid there’s a gulf of difference in technique and quality.

He doesn’t have the energy to do the defensive work that a team like Everton require. I like him, but he needs to be in a system where he doesn’t have to do defensive work.
He could pick out some great king passes, certainly. and I understand that element of creativity. However, I think the stats showed our points per game were higher without him in the team.
Once teams knew he would look for a long pass to the left, I think they worked out how to stifle him. They also crowded him until he made a mistake.
Fitness and energy are a big part of all this. The whole team including James weren’t fit enough. The biggest issue though was how much time he missed. He was never quite the same following the GBH VVD inflicted on him.

We played 11 behind the ball in the games he didn't play. Held on for scrappy 1-0s.

Look, we knew what we were getting into. There's no point saying we thought he'd play every game, because we knew it wouldn't happen.

We'll be alright without him, it's just a shame that we can't afford to have a player like that because he is so good. And the reason we can't afford it is because we have genuine wasters on huge money (and have had genuine wasters on huge money who've only just left). That's the issue at play here, and that's why it's on the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back