Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure he came through the ranks as a right back Tim. That's where he used to play in the England youth teams

I thought Maitland Niles was exceptional in the handful of times I saw him a couple of seasons a go - I wonder what happened. I thought he was a RB too.

He was a good right back and very strong at marking players.

If he is played at right back and has accepted thats his best position then he could be very good.

We played 11 behind the ball in the games he didn't play. Held on for scrappy 1-0s.

Look, we knew what we were getting into. There's no point saying we thought he'd play every game, because we knew it wouldn't happen.

We'll be alright without him, it's just a shame that we can't afford to have a player like that because he is so good. And the reason we can't afford it is because we have genuine wasters on huge money (and have had genuine wasters on huge money who've only just left). That's the issue at play here, and that's why it's on the club.
Well that is true. I do agree.

Slow, weak and shot like a 7 year old girl. But he kept the ball well in tight spaces and read the game well, took up good positions and was actually good in the air for a midget. He was decent for us over a long spell of time.

He scored quite a lot of goals from distance for someone with a shot like a 7 year old. His goal against Larissa is one of my favourite goals.

James isn't a bad egg. At all.

But if we can move him on, fine. But given our options, I'm sorry, we should not be paying James to play for another club. At all.

It's a succession of these decisions which keep coming back to haunt us, and it's why our DoF is so utterly useless at getting players out of the door.

We spent all last season paying Theo Walcott £5m to play for Southampton. I can just about stomach that with a player of that quality, but not with a player of James' quality. It's not like we've got Bernardo Silva and Kevin De Bruyne to call on is it.
Obviously I don't know what James personality is really like , no one on here does.
However I am far from sure that you are correct in saying that he's not a bad egg.
I see very little evidence that he is anything but self centered and cares only about himself , encapsulated by jetting off instead of going to Goodison to support his team mates.
It's also disconcerting that he's fallen out of favour at Madrid and Everton ( although Benitez may be the common denominator) and that Columbia didn't want him in the Copa.
Undoubtedly a very talented player but a player you have to build your team around which is nigh on impossible given his injury record.
Best for everyone if he moves on.

Rondon is pointless to me we will be trying to shift him as deadwood by next year. Seriously there's a reason why he was in China and nobody else wants him would rather get the lad from Celtic he has more upside and potential. Might be a bit different to Dom too...

Maybe thinking aerial threat if no Calvert-Lewin.

Pace on the wings/crosses seem to be important to how Benitez wants to setup and;
  • Rondon scored his first Premier League hat-trick after netting three headers in a 3–1 win, which was only the second time this feat was achieved in the history of the competition, the first being Everton's Duncan Ferguson in 1997

He was a good right back and very strong at marking players.

If he is played at right back and has accepted thats his best position then he could be very good.
Zat I completely agree with you. He has looked decent at RB.
However , as I understand it , he has said he wants to play CM.
If he played RB I'm sure Arsenal would use him there , better than Soares , Holding , Chambers or Bellerin.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back