Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s the best we can acquire as a squad forward? The U23s must be in bad shape if we don’t have anyone coming through as competition also.
To be fair, context is important here. If we bring him in to be the back up physical, back to goal striker for DCL, whilst also investing in a youngster like Jebbison, that to me seems fine.

However, it doesn't change the fact we need a RB, talented winger and another decent CM - but there you go!

Being honest though many thought Gray and certainly Townsend were pants.

James is only 23 and still has room to improve. Wouldn't be looking to sign him permanently but if Diaz falls through Would rather a loan signing than spunking £20+ million on a Brands deadline day panic buy.

Would also free up the money for a CM as we all know once Doucoure is injured we'll struggle in the middle of the park.

I would say a CM signing is just as important as a wide player at present.
Well yes if we can’t get Diaz or someone similar I wouldn’t go for another one. I’d keep Gordon as 4th/5th choice. And I’d love us to get another powerful midfielder in

To be fair, context is important here. If we bring him in to be the back up physical, back to goal striker for DCL, whilst also investing in a youngster like Jebbison, that to me seems fine.

However, it doesn't change the fact we need a RB, talented winger and another decent CM - but there you go!

My real issue is with the infrastructure here. What kind of scouting network do we have ? What is the level of potential of players making it into the first team? If it’s marginal at best, why is that?

Rondon is probably Benitez’s pick and you’re right there are other areas need attending to also. I’m jtired of these sort of stop gaps, transitional seasons and crap like that. It’s not like I want them to do bad, it just these sort of signings feel “make do” when some scouting might unearth better options. Like we go around in circles most transfer windows.

I honestly don’t see the problem w Rondon as third choice striker. He’s reasonable cover. Allows us to spend whatever money we have on a player for the starting XI.
And he's cool with that role. Not easy to find. I never used to like it when he came on to play against us, he's a big [Poor language removed] and a [Poor language removed]. A double [Poor language removed]. And all ours.

I think someone like Rondon as a backup striker is perfect. Good strikers get whiney sitting on the bench, finding someone willing to be cover, for cheap, and has scored double digits in a season in the league is not easy.

Personally, I can see picking him up for cheap, a loan for someone like Lingard, and then buying a RB, keeping it cheap but filling our holes.

Are we ever going to see the shop which doesn't just sell frozen goods again?
Not having him about and squeezed into a side just because he cost so much money, has certainly not been a disadvantage though.

He must be due a charge or NFA soon, so I’d say we will know soon enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back