Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need to be better at moving players on. We've not been good at it for a long time. We are in this position because we have not been able to find buyers for enough players and have let far too many players leave for free at end of contracts.

I have no idea about legalities. I just think that we could do much better with recruitment and outgoings.
One of our issues is when we buy promising youngsters we don give them a chance. They rot in the u23’s and go out on crappy loans, then we offload them when they’re 28 for nothing. We need to be scouting South American leagues like Porto and give these youngsters a chance. And not pay over the odds for average players like we have done over the last few years.

If we end up with Rondon as cover for DCL, Patterson as cover for Coleman (who is performing well) and then Diaz as extra forward quality - that would be a strong end to the window. I'd love another CM, but that is wishful thinking this late in the piece.

That mixed with big earners like James, Kean, Walcott and Bernard all off the books, would be a relatively successful window...

We need to be better at moving players on. We've not been good at it for a long time. We are in this position because we have not been able to find buyers for enough players and have let far too many players leave for free at end of contracts.

I have no idea about legalities. I just think that we could do much better with recruitment and outgoings.

….it’s simply because we buy ordinary players and put them on extraordinary contracts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back