Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't see us going over £8m myself.
Nor me, already pushing the boat out at that fee. 15m is the record for an SPL transfer I think. Maybe it was van Dijk or Dembele, but they were both experienced and proven.

8m seems a very reasonable bid in that context and in a straitened market for a 19 year old. Even then that would have to be after add-ons and not before.

He must have extraordinary promise for Rangers to be stalling on that bid, if true.

Then I'd ask what other interest in him is there? I haven't read of any.

Gray has done great since he came in but let's wait a bit before we label it the deal of the century. It's only been 4 games. I hope it does by the way. Humble pie tastes good if it means Everton are a better team.

Points 2&3 I can't argue with. The start has exceeded all my expectations and we should have had 9 points not 7 and sitting top.

But even you have to admit that Benitez has full control over player transfers when it comes to the first team. So why are you blaming Brands when a player you like is going elsewhere? That's what I pulled you up over
1) gray looked good initially at Leicester as well.
2) fair enough, I'll give him that. (However we started with pace etc with Carlo last year as well)
3) we had 9 points this time last year and were in 2nd place at Christmas so it's a bit early to be using that as an argument because one of his arguments against Carlo is the whole being crap and relegation form etc. I actually think we were lucky to get a point vs Leeds and the only game we have really dominated is Brighton and that includes the cup game.
4) Virtually noone cares about the comment but Benitez' lovers ignore all of that and are fixated on it and can't get their heads out his backside.

I hope he proves me wrong but there aren't half some hypocrites who rewrite history.

2) fair enough, I'll give him that. (However we started with pace etc with Carlo last year as well)
3) we had 9 points this time last year and were in 2nd place at Christmas so it's a bit early to be using that as an argument because one of his arguments against Carlo is the whole being crap and relegation form etc. I actually think we were lucky to get a point vs Leeds and the only game we have really dominated is Brighton and that includes the cup game.
4) Virtually noone cares about the comment but Benitez' lovers ignore all of that and are fixated on it and can't get their heads out his backside.

I hope he proves me wrong but there aren't half some hypocrites who rewrite history.

You never gave him a chance from the get go man lol

Nor me, already pushing the boat out at that fee. 15m is the record for an SPL transfer I think. Maybe it was van Dijk or Dembele, but they were both experienced and proven.

8m seems a very reasonable bid in that context and in a straitened market for a 19 year old. Even then that would have to be after add-ons and not before.

He must have extraordinary promise for Rangers to be stalling on that bid, if true.

Yes to all of this really. It feels a massive fee and I do think there are other options out there, even if it means a loan option for the season. He's not even played that often in the SPL either, so it's not like he is 1st choice. I understand James Tavernier is keeping him out, which is also a slight concern.

Gray has done great since he came in but let's wait a bit before we label it the deal of the century. It's only been 4 games. I hope it does by the way. Humble pie tastes good if it means Everton are a better team.

Points 2&3 I can't argue with. The start has exceeded all my expectations and we should have had 9 points not 7 and sitting top.

But even you have to admit that Benitez has full control over player transfers when it comes to the first team. So why are you blaming Brands when a player you like is going elsewhere? That's what I pulled you up over

I wouldn't say full control - Carlo brought his own players in but Brands still signed the likes of Doucoure and Godfrey.

I think Benitez has signed Gray + Townsend upto now.

The young Rangers RB and Diaz sound like Brands would have some input in them.

Take my finger, you wrongun.

Now I put you on ignore, to teach you a lesson.
#GrayIsLife

You never gave him a chance from the get go man lol
I've always said I hope he proves me wrong but I still don't believe he should have been given a chance.

He is doing a decent job, granted, but so did carlo. And there's still a long way to go before he actually earns the chance in my eyes. But others in charge have given him a chance and that's up to them, but he still hasn't earnt it yet for me.

Kieran Tierney cost £25 million.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back