Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
People were crying about Demarai Gray and Andros Townsend and they look like they'll prove to be very handy, shrewd players.

Rondon had a very decent goals+assists for Newcastle under Benitez;
  • Rondon initially worked under Benitez at Newcastle on loan in 2018/2019, registering 12 goals and seven assists from 33 games in all competitions.
I think we'd be hard pushed to find Everton players with that level of goals+assists - or the cool kids call it goal contributions - over the years.

He gives good backup and tides us over until we have the capacity to spend.

Haha! I’ve seen the website you took that figure from, it’s an absolute joke.
It also suggests he took a 50 percent wage cut to go on LOAN to Newcastle. Spoiler alert - that is nonsense. He was on at least 58k at Newcastle and he certainly didn’t take a huge cut to go and live in China.

You called this one wrong lad.
I genuinely have as much idea as you.
Im just pointing out that he will be on no where near 100k, not even half that

Have you even considered the possibility that the manager doesn't want him. I mean he does have control who we're buying and selling .

Or are you still in Benitez cannot be criticised mode?

I dont think Benitez has done anything to be criticised for tbh mate

Came in:

1.signed a bargain of the century in Gray for buttons

2. Added pace, fight and energy to the side on a very limited budget

3. Has us playing with pride and currently in the top 6 spots after our fans were expecting a relegation scrap

The only people who think he is fair game for criticism at this stage are the cult who are gagging for him to lose a game so they can push their agenda over a comment he made about 15 years ago.

People were crying about Demarai Gray and Andros Townsend and they look like they'll prove to be very handy, shrewd players.

• Rondon initially worked under Benitez at Newcastle on loan in 2018/2019, registering 12 goals and seven assists from 33 games in all competitions.
I think we'd be hard pushed to find Everton players with that level of goals+assists - or the cool kids call it goal contributions - over the years.

If we find a way to spend money on a right back and one big Dias or similar signing plus get him in as a back up option we’ve had a really decent window considering what we all understand are our FFP constraints.

A one year deal would be fine.
Two years I wouldn’t be so keen on.
Especially if the manager gets binned during that time.

I seem to remember Benitez wanting to sign him permanently at Newcastle, 17 mill if I remember, but Ashley wouldn’t give him the money so West Brom swooped in. A few on here were also interested at the time. He hasn’t suddenly become a bad player since. We need cover for DCL especially now he’s injured and this guy knows the manager, is proven in the league, is a similar profile, and might have a point to prove.

Came in:

3. Has us playing with pride and currently in the top 6 spots after our fans were expecting a relegation scrap

The only people who think he is fair game for criticism at this stage are the cult who are gagging for him to lose a game so they can push their agenda over a comment he made about 15 years ago.
I'm not sure how anyone can judge a player or how the season is going after 3 games it's ridiculous good or bad

Came in:

I'm no fan but am certainly not waiting for a defeat to say i told you so or push any agenda but i think equally its a bit early calling grey a bargain of the century and to start crowing about being in the top 6 after three games.

I think with Ancelotti it was all about individual ability, performance and creativity. The likes of Gray and Rondon might not necessarily work in that environment and I could understand the skepticism.

With Benitez it seems much more about the system and how players fit within it and so I’m much more comfortable with these signings. The players serve a purpose and are being signed for that purpose. They have less autonomy over how they play and I think that environment works best for some more than others (doesn’t work for James for instance).

Overall I think the latter suits where we are and what we need right now.

The former would work better at somewhere like city.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back