Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
….it’s possible a succession of Managers were particularly keen on having Coleman as first choice. I get many on here don’t rate him or think he’s finished but Ancelotti and now Benitez clearly rate him & even seek his counsel.

Seems to be something in this rumour, though.

It wasn't about having Coleman as first choice or not. It was about a succession plan.

It was clear in 2017 that Kenny wasn't good enough. that was also the year Coleman got a serious, horrendous injury which kept him out for a year. Yet again, no forward planning.

Our DoF has been in place for three years and in those three years we have needed a right-back.

The usual doom mongers out moaning we aint signing £50 million fut stars.

Come on bhoys Benitez isn't a soft touch like Arteta he'll be told its either RB or you aint coming so if he signs he'll likely know he has a job to do there whilst also being able to provide cover in CM when needed.

Get him, Rondon and either Diaz/McNeil and we've smashed the window.

Don’t hate AML as a player but the language surrounding the news - about him being cover for multiple positions, etc - makes it sound like Coleman will continue as first-choice RB and I was kind of hoping for someone to come straight in ahead of him. Obviously if AML earns that spot, sound.

All reports I saw was that he wanted Inter not us

Well had we had the money to get the deal tied up mate, that wouldn't have been an issue. We didn't have it. Didn't have £12.5m. Whether that's to spend it or just not allowed to by FFP rules, we couldn't meet it. So the deal dragged on then Inter got the Lukaku windfall and were able to spend.

Loan deal with option to buy for a proven PL player or a kid from rangers for the £10M they want in order to make ammends for Gerrard's inability to get them CL football.
I suspect we’re going for both with maitland niles providing cover at CM as well as RB while the young lad at rangers matures

Come on bhoys Benitez isn't a soft touch like Arteta he'll be told its either RB or you aint coming so if he signs he'll likely know he has a job to do there whilst also being able to provide cover in CM when needed.

Nobody is doing that ffs

They're questioning why our three-year right-back search has taken us to a midfielder who doesn't want to play right-back - as @GrandOldTeam has described it, and I trust him – 'desperate last-minute cover'.

I'm not against ASM as a player, think he's alright. But again, questions have to be asked.

I suspect we’re going for both with maitland niles providing cover at CM as well as RB while the young lad at rangers matures
Wolves offered 20mil for AML after a really good loan spell for West Brom which is interesting to note. I also agree with your analysis of it - the fact we’ve had a second bid rejected for the Scottish lad (reportedly) shows we’ve not dropped all interest. Of course, it could also mean we HAVE given up with offering more and AML is our dedicated RB signing :p

Load of rubbish that. No one is asking for 50m signings. People just want capable cover at right back and thats not too much to ask after over 3 years with this DOF

Nobody is doing that ffs

They're questioning why our three-year right-back search has taken us to a midfielder who doesn't want to play right-back - as @GrandOldTeam has described it, and I trust him – 'desperate last-minute cover'.

I'm not against ASM as a player, think he's alright. But again, questions have to be asked.

Oh Brands needs booting mate - but we knew the score this summer was always scraping around due to the FFP issues.

If we can bring in another 3 shrewd signings and bulk the squad out whilst not falling foul to the rules we've done alright in the circs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back