Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
As you said it's only been 3 League matches and a late sub in the league Cup. I said a couple of weeks ago, even if he has an OK season. This is a good bit of business.

There seems to be lot of people, eating humble pie. Me too Iwobi, is starting to do well. I nevrr thought I'd see it.
Absolutely nothing wrong with eating humble pie. We all have opinions, some of them prove right and others not. I've said this before but the ability to admit you were wrong is a trait, not a weakness. I'm 60 years of age and have been around the block a few times, but I'm yet to meet a person who I admire who isn't prepared to admit when they are wrong. Not one.

Apart from the wife of course :blush:

Last edited:

I’d be happy bringing in Diaz, rondon and then niles on loan. Backup forward sorted, new wingers in the squad and ones with speed, and a cover for midfield and rb too. Obviously would have wanted a first team right back and centre mid on permanents but as a squad we’re stronger which is what cost us Europe last season.

Keeps us in line with the spending rules. End of the season delph, tosun, Iceland and kenny are all gone saving near 15 mill a season, wage bill will have gone down loads this season too.

Don’t hate AML as a player but the language surrounding the news - about him being cover for multiple positions, etc - makes it sound like Coleman will continue as first-choice RB and I was kind of hoping for someone to come straight in ahead of him. Obviously if AML earns that spot, sound.

I'm not against ASM as a player, think he's alright. But again, questions have to be asked.

Wolves offered 20mil for AML after a really good loan spell for West Brom which is interesting to note. I also agree with your analysis of it - the fact we’ve had a second bid rejected for the Scottish lad (reportedly) shows we’ve not dropped all interest. Of course, it could also mean we HAVE given up with offering more and AML is our dedicated RB signing :p

Ainsley Maitland Niles. AMN.

Is Diaz happening?

It'll depend on James going (whether to Porto or another club).

It sounds like we've confused things by offering James but also that's the only possible way we could get the fee down to what we can afford.

Which again suggests to me, our issues aren't all about financial fair play. We just don't have that much money to play with in the budget.

The way it is, you have to back your manager and DOF - im not a fan of either - just to be clear.

But if you want to play this game coherently and consistently its the only show in town as a philosophy- both will be praised or critiqued on their decisions.

If they see value in AMN and Rondon, in terms of squad progression - you have to back it and accept it.

I think AMN is a curious one, Wenger is no fool and he developed and played him, sometimes players need trust and a home - Gray (so far) is a case in point.

ANM has five full England caps, European experience and some Wiley managers have brought him in, the Dude can cover a hell of a lot of positions, so i see the lgoic - we've always in our most successful years have had a utility player.
Slightly off topic, but I think the biggest problem we have as a club is we have employed a director of football, but have then employed managers who liked to be in control of all the footballing matters at the club. At the moment we are a hybrid and it isn't working, we need to do one thing or the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back