Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Free transfer indicates that it won't be a loan so no wages to cover.

If true James, I wish you well. Shame it didn't work out at Everton and a bigger shame I didn't get to see you in the flesh at Goodison.

His exit leaves a big hole in creativity in the squad. Yes we'll be playing a different system but we still need a plan B for when things aren't working.

Ive a feeling there will be an inevitable Couthino link before this all plays out mate.

Patterson - there is no interest whatsoever from any other club for him and this club have gone back in with an improved offer for a substitute who Gerrard cant be arsed playing in his pony team.

WTF are Everton playing at?

On Maitland-Niles: Moshiri surely can pull strings at a club like Arsenal where he once was?
We’ve rightly pulled out of a move for Patterson, Rangers’ demands are ridiculous

Yeah I'd agree if there wasn't two months to get this stuff sorted.
True, but
1) it is a weird summer
2) we put ourselves in a financial mess (THAT undoubtedly is the result of bad planning and bad luck due to the pandemic - would have still not been great without it though)

You see all of the loan to buy stuff and the like and it is just a strange year.

Another part of why we don't get things done is because sometimes we show ambition and the players just don't want the move.

I'm not trying to make excuses for Brands, but I'm also not going to judge on this particular window. I'm sure we have tried to move players on to free things up but nobody wants our cast offs.

#FreeAinsley
ainsley-harriott-spicy.gif

So is Maitland-Niles and James now apparently off over the last hour or so?
Don’t think the AMN deal is completely off just yet, there’ll be some resolve between now and the deadline

James to Milan seems to be vague sources quickly denied by other sources, still appears to be our makeweight in the Diaz deal at this point

Think if we add AMN, Rondon and Diaz or any other decent winger before the close with probably Kean, James and someone like Kenny going out then the squad will be in a lot better shape than it was at the start of the window.

Disappointing to lose James and the potential of Kean but if they don’t fit they don’t fit, would much rather hard workers like Gray and Townsend over players that aren’t arsed, in fairness I think that’s what we’re going for with Rondon and Maitland-Niles too, players not afraid to work hard for the team when called upon. 6 or 7 players like that in a squad is all it takes to raise levels and keep everyone on their toes for example Coleman and Iwobi look like new men with Gray and Townsend around and Benitez working them all.

It’s so Moshiri has time to watch all the youtube highlights of the manager and DOFs player lists. Then Farhad can see who has “the left foot, right, the pace…” before he rings Barclays

Ha ha We were doing it before Moshiri to be fair. Arteta leaving, Barry & Lukaku on loan etc.

Quack candles.

Patterson - there is no interest whatsoever from any other club for him and this club have gone back in with an improved offer for a substitute who Gerrard cant be arsed playing in his pony team.

WTF are Everton playing at?

On Maitland-Niles: Moshiri surely can pull strings at a club like Arsenal where he once was?
Rangers are selling Barasic to Roma so the money isn’t just as big a need

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back