Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
It looks more or less like James is either going to be part of a deal to sign Diaz or experienced manager Rafael Benitez is going to be burdened with figuring out how to use a world class creative player for the rest of the season.

It's satisfactory. They along with the others who came in all fulfill a purpose right now and a couple like Diaz and Gray cover a longer term requirement for the squad. AMN if he performs well and has an option to but may also be a shrewd longer term move.

Getting shut of the deadwood is looking desparately poor again.

I'm no Benitez fan, but he achieves anything with this squad this season (e.g. European qualification or dare I say a cup) he'll need zero injuries to the first team and a lot of luck. We're strictly in the 7-11th group in terms of playing talent of the squad.
Agree with the first 2 points, but not with the 3rd, well apart from not being a Benitez fan. lol

I believe this squad under preformed last season plus, once more, we were very unlucky with injuries. We may have only finished 10th, but we finished 14 points ahead of 12th, were just 3 points off a European spot and 8 points off champions league. With 5/6 game to go we still had a realistic opportunity to finish top 4.

After seeing essentially the same players start this season the way they have, I now firmly believe that it was the dire negative tactics of our manager that saw us tail off at the end. This squad of players is capable. A couple of shrewd additions and there's no reason why we can't compete again this season. Maybe champions league is out of the equation but we can and should push for the minor European places.

is Maitland-Niles any good?
He’s decent and he’s quick. Also very versatile and can provide cover in midfield or at fullback. I hope this one goes through, but, we can’t spend too long on it. We really can’t end the window without a right back, if it’s not going to be Maitland-Niles we need to move on quickly, mind you, I’m assuming that we have got other targets should this fall through. That might be a mistake with Everton.

I could easily see Maitland-Niles being seen as a stopgap to fill in at RB for now, but then slide to backup next season and act as cover for midfield as well. I dont see him as the answer, but capable and versatile as a multi-spot backup long term.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back