Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
It'd be very, very Everton that, if James stays, we never see him play again. Absolute basket case of a club.

Loathe to lose such a good player but at this stage it's better for all parties.

There's no excuse for us leaving such key business like the right-back search so late.

You really think they didn't want to get it done before now?

Clearly all dependent on moves like James and Kean (and maybe even Kenny).

I get that it would be disappointing but we've possibly identified a style of play we want to pursue and James really doesn't fit at all. I'm actually fine with it. This Diaz move where we swap those two makes sense along this line of thinking too.

The fact is we are far, far away from the type of team that could use a passing player like James. We've got no choice to be direct because that's what 90% of the players we have can do. I'm glad we're seemingly embracing it.

I meant as in if he stays mate. I'm fine with him going at this point (if we can get a quality player in). It's more that if he stays, we simply can't have him not being in the PL squad or some daft move like that - but I genuinely wouldn't put it past us.

The answer to this lies in football finance globally and the impact COVID had had. Everyone is struggling to shift players.

Not really the point I was making mate.

If James stays, he should play a part. But I wouldn't be at all surprised if he's ostracised, because Everton.

I meant as in if he stays mate. I'm fine with him going at this point (if we can get a quality player in). It's more that if he stays, we simply can't have him not being in the PL squad or some daft move like that - but I genuinely wouldn't put it past us.
If he stays he should probably be a bench player right now. Maybe there is a point where he gets in sort of in the role Richarlison is playing right now but I don't think he has the legs to handle what we'd need out of possession and he definitely doesn't have them to play wide. I know he brings a lot of quality but I'm so ready for us to have a plan that I'm willing to push James Rodriguez aside if it means we have one.

We could have targetted Maitland-Niles at any stage on loan

That's massively simplistic - his wages and loan fee might have caused us a problem until now. We also know that Patterson from Rangers and Dumfries were ahead of him on the list, you don't go after 3rd choice (or possibly a lot lower than that for all we know) early on until you have to because options 1 and 2 aren't possible. For all we know, we've maintained dialogue with him all summer to gauge his interest etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back