Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we dont get AMN or Patterson, what is our back up RB option? Have we got one?

IMO:

Bellerin (Wants to go)
Semedo
Walker-Peters (Is he injured?)
I think we better wait for a decision by our fearless leader, general benitez. he was right about Townsend, and he was right about Gray. He will know whats needed next and will put a big finger in Brands eye to make sure he understands that too.

Agree with the first 2 points, but not with the 3rd, well apart from not being a Benitez fan. lol

I believe this squad under preformed last season plus, once more, we were very unlucky with injuries. We may have only finished 10th, but we finished 14 points ahead of 12th, were just 3 points off a European spot and 8 points off champions league. With 5/6 game to go we still had a realistic opportunity to finish top 4.

After seeing essentially the same players start this season the way they have, I now firmly believe that it was the dire negative tactics of our manager that saw us tail off at the end. This squad of players is capable. A couple of shrewd additions and there's no reason why we can't compete again this season. Maybe champions league is out of the equation but we can and should push for the minor European places.
I fully agree that we should be targeting European places. Just hope we have a team sheet that looks like the Brighton one more than the Huddersfield one and it should be achievable. I just think our squad is without any depth in quality.

If we had the ability to swap tiring or out of form players, it would be inexcusable not to get Europe, alas...

No point getting too stressed, there will be names thrown out of the hat tomorrow that haven't been mentioned yet.

Our expectations are more for quantity than quality at this stage, so hopefully there will still be at least two in.

I just really don’t understand why other clubs tell us what they want. Juventus 2 year loan is like putting the finger up to us. Ac Milan saying we will take on James but we’re not paying. Like why do other clubs dictate to us. Why are we not saying to juventus we loan him for two years but we want a player in return or the same with Milan they don’t want to buy we swap then

I despise brands so much and our slipshod approach to transfers. I understand we have enormous financial constraints but we shouldn't discover our supposed and underwhelming targets aren't available a day away from the deadline. Very laughable, hopefully contingencies are in place but if ainsley and a 19 year old backup at rangers were the plan what in good god is the alternate option? (If there is one)

I just really don’t understand why other clubs tell us what they want. Juventus 2 year loan is like putting the finger up to us. Ac Milan saying we will take on James but we’re not paying. Like why do other clubs dictate to us. Why are we not saying to juventus we loan him for two years but we want a player in return or the same with Milan they don’t want to buy we swap then
Because they know we have to get wages off the books. We can refuse and be stuck with them. They have been hawked all around Europe and this is our best option.

I despise brands so much and our slipshod approach to transfers. I understand we have enormous financial constraints but we shouldn't discover our supposed and underwhelming targets aren't available a day away from the deadline. Very laughable, hopefully contingencies are in place but if ainsley and a 19 year old backup at rangers were the plan what in good god is the alternate option? (If there is one)
We were supposedly in for Dumfries but couldn’t afford to do the deal his club wanted. We ran the rule over Buta and seemingly decided not to pursue him. We have made bids for two other targets and, predictably, the two selling clubs are squeezing us for what they can get as is their right.

None of us have any idea how many other targets we’ve looked at that were either unavailable, unattainable or unsuitable after further scrutiny. After all the highly justified whining about recent transfer failures I’d rather see the club doing their due diligence rather than buying up any old crap because it’s better than nothing, especially when quite often it actually isn’t.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back