Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
But it is down to him. If the football club lacks strategion direction, then the supposed Director of Football has to be blamed for that.

If he's limited due to Moshiri, it's still on him for not having the ability to either change that culture, or the balls to walk away.

Simple fact is that if he's not effectively directing the football strategy at the club - which in my view he absolutely isn't - then he's a failure.

Would you walk away from a mega paying job where you don't have to work particularly hard?

But it is down to him. If the football club lacks strategion direction, then the supposed Director of Football has to be blamed for that.

If he's limited due to Moshiri, it's still on him for not having the ability to either change that culture, or the balls to walk away.

Simple fact is that if he's not effectively directing the football strategy at the club - which in my view he absolutely isn't - then he's a failure.

….ha, ha, he won’t have the power to change that culture although he can be criticised for not walking away but we’d then get another very highly paid administrator in.

I think his importance increases if a Manager lets him get on with things, but that’s very unlikely with somebody like Benitez.

….ha, ha, he won’t have the power to change that culture although he can be criticised for not walking away but we’d then get another very highly paid administrator in.

I think his importance increases if a Manager lets him get on with things, but that’s very unlikely with somebody like Benitez.

That's the exact problem - if he was a competent DoF, the manager wouldn't have a say in whether he can 'get on with things'.

Understand this, but even if he walks away we are still lumbered with our shambolic owner.
In 5 years he has proved far more adept at property development than he has at running a football club.

If he is incompetent in his role as dof why have the club given him a new contract and not looked at other options

Because the club, clearly, is ran by morons. Specifically, a very rich moron who knows nothing about football but continues to have a heavy input in how the place is run/who we sign/who manages us.

Moshiri, in an ideal world, would have no say whatsoever in footballing matters. That's what you hire a DoF for, so you have someone who understands football and can direct how it's ran from top to bottom.

This. Also I think we’ll see lots of loan-to-buy deals to circumvent FFP and its equivalents. Ronaldo was a huge cash drain on Juve so they’ve likely got to ride out the next couple of years to cycle off losses that they can’t afford to add to.

The lack of viable alternatives (the club clearly feels keeping the player wouldn’t be productive) means our bargaining position isn’t great.
That’s it really. The two options were PSG or Juve. Neither was offering to buy. When PSG signed Messi, we were down to one option or retain an unhappy player.

We're in year 4 of Brands' tenure. Delph was brought in under his watch. Gomes was brought in under his watch. James was brought in under his watch. Iwobi was brought in under hsi watch. He's completely unable to get money for players he's brought in.

What about the good players in, and the deadwood out plus James was under Carlo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back