Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we don’t sign anyone else apart from Rondon and shift Rodriguez out I would still be quite happy as long as it meant next season we would be able to spend huge

If you think about it we have shifted a lot of dead wood off the wage bill this season like bolasie, walcott, besic and Bernard. Juve will be paying Keans wage for the next 2 years and hopefully someone pays Rodriguez wage in full.

By next summer the following players will be out of contract Rodriguez, Sigurdsson, Delph, Tosun, Kenny, Lonergan, Begovic and Branthwaite

That’s a huge amount of players shifted out in 2 seasons assuming none of them get renewed contracts.

I would say next summer is possibly going to be our biggest window ever. We will have so many high earners off the wage bill.
Our P&L will still be horrible next year so, unless the rules are changed massively in favour of lower income clubs (fat chance), we won't be much better off next year.

…not 100% certain Brands identified and negotiated deals for all of those players.

The system at Everton seems to be; the Manager brings in who he wants, Moshiri brings in who he wants, Brands brings in who he wants but only if the Manager agrees.

The process is a mess, at least if it was down to Brands we could blame him with certainty.
Bingo

J
Why are we sending players out on loan to leagues that are nothing like our league.
He could of gone to a Watford or Norwich
We continually over rate our players or completely slag them off as useless... there seems to be no middle ground.

Nkounkou has potential but needs to get a couple of seasons at a good standard to gain experience.

If we were to send him on loan to another premiership club it would probably mean swapping our bench for theirs.

…not 100% certain Brands identified and negotiated deals for all of those players.

The system at Everton seems to be; the Manager brings in who he wants, Moshiri brings in who he wants, Brands brings in who he wants but only if the Manager agrees.

The process is a mess, at least if it was down to Brands we could blame him with certainty.
Spot on and I cannot see why other people don't ,I don't blame benitez or Carlo they are bringing in players for now it's an 18 month two year project at best for benitez he won't be interested in the academy or younger players for the future he will go with the Townsend's and rondons of this world.
But the club and brands should have a plan strategy vision to see further than this manager but my worry further down is players like small don't see a pathway to the 1st team squad and rumours of younger players looking to do the same as small is a worry going forward

But it is down to him. If the football club lacks strategion direction, then the supposed Director of Football has to be blamed for that.

If he's limited due to Moshiri, it's still on him for not having the ability to either change that culture, or the balls to walk away.

Simple fact is that if he's not effectively directing the football strategy at the club - which in my view he absolutely isn't - then he's a failure.

They were brought in under him so he owns it for me.

If people want to give him the credit for signing players clearly brought in by the managers then he should take on the failures too.

Brands is like that bellend fella pissed at the end of a night out when it’s closing time asking every fat meff available “ye wanna comes to ares” and getting blew out by all of them

Leaving a free run for us to sign him.

1630342359291.webp

SEND THE DELEGATION!

But it is down to him. If the football club lacks strategion direction, then the supposed Director of Football has to be blamed for that.

If he's limited due to Moshiri, it's still on him for not having the ability to either change that culture, or the balls to walk away.

Simple fact is that if he's not effectively directing the football strategy at the club - which in my view he absolutely isn't - then he's a failure.

Feels to me like he’s just operating like a chief scout, buying the odd player here and there if the manager agrees with it. Totally screwed.

i assume his job is to try and get rid of players that the manager does not want

if the manager says get rid of rodriguez i dont want him and no club wants rodriguez because he's on 200k a week then what can he do?
Not buy him in the first place because he is aware the managers change at Everton and the managers appointment have no common strategy to management. Or he could say the new manager must utilise all assets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back