Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

But Brands doesn't come under fire for this?

Can't shift Gomes, Delph, Iwobi, Kean or James for any actual money.

Nah, let's keep blaming Walsh.
moshiri gave brands a new contract so i would take your issue up with the owner of the football club

you may not be happy with gomes, delph etc but then you are probably over the moon with doucoure, allan and digne

moshiri gave brands a new contract so i would take your issue up with the owner of the football club

you may not be happy with gomes, delph etc but then you are probably over the moon with doucoure, allan and digne

I'm really not. The best we have finished with them is 8th, 10th in the case of Doucoure and Allan. I'm hardly ecstatic about them.

Doucoure and Allan are more of these types of players we have given contracts to that nobody else will match and so I fully expect us to let their contracts expire as well.

That's not a sustainable way for any DoF to manage a squad. It will lead to more windows like this.

But Brands doesn't come under fire for this?

Can't shift Gomes, Delph, Iwobi, Kean or James for any actual money.

Nah, let's keep blaming Walsh.

…not 100% certain Brands identified and negotiated deals for all of those players.

The system at Everton seems to be; the Manager brings in who he wants, Moshiri brings in who he wants, Brands brings in who he wants but only if the Manager agrees.

The process is a mess, at least if it was down to Brands we could blame him with certainty.

Last edited:
i assume his job is to try and get rid of players that the manager does not want

if the manager says get rid of rodriguez i dont want him and no club wants rodriguez because he's on 200k a week then what can he do?
I was just thinking of this in relation to Ancellotti, it is pretty short term thinking to get a player on a huge contract and then just walkaway to another club with zero thought to a) the player b) the next manager c) the squad. In what other industry would that happen and also the director of football to allow the spending on a player that is not wanted by the next manager. The recruitment of a manger should fit the assets of the squad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back