Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
The constant referencing to Newcastle (from so many people not just you) is beyond boring, the man has managed alot of clubs on alot of different budgets

here is a list of a few players signed by Rafael Benitez at places like Valencia, Liverpool, Real and Napoli

Gonzalo Higuain

Fernando Torres

Matteo Kovacic

Danilo

Javier Mascherano

Xabi Alonso

Manolo Gabbidiani

Raul Albiol

Jorginho

Dries Mertens

Kalidou Koulibaly

Duvan Zapata

Marco Asensio

Phillip Coutinho

Lucas Vasquez

Fabio Aurelio

just for some perspective
Now ask yourself would any of those players have been enticed by Everton with no European football?

That's why we're referencing Newcastle

PL financial compliance rules. FFP - even with amalgamated years for COVID. The fact the only player we were looking to shift for big money is instead going on loan to PSG for another year.

May be boosted if we sell DCL mind.I'm 100% convinced that we're going to sell DCL and replace him with Seferovic - and that terrifies me. But that's just my opinion.
If we sold DCL flr say 80mil we could then possibly spend 300mil of the back of it. And still comply with ffp
Anyway if we did sell DCL I doubt we buy a 20mil replacement

If we sold DCL flr say 80mil we could then possibly spend 300mil of the back of it. And still comply with ffp
I know that's the principle behind it, but I believe you should never look to move goalscorers on if you can avoid it. There is no guarantee that what you bring in will do the business regardless of pervious output. Look at Timo Werner.

We are a terrible squad who create few chances and score few goals. To look to move on a lad who has scored around the 20 goal mark in successive seasons is madness. Improve the squad first and then move him on. I suspect that we are still going to be stuck with most of this awful squad next year and need to buy wisely. I don't see how we can do that and replace him this summer.

So you reckon we'll be looking to spend 220 million without selling DCL? Would that be in Iranian Riyal or British Pounds?

There's no solid links to Perez anyway. I am more interested in whether the Nunes stuff is genuine or was linked with appointing Nuno?
Probably genuine and not linked to nuno...my guess is that they are waiting for players sales before any incoming. So again this summer will probably go the same way as many others we had recently...last minute deals and busy deadline day.

He spent over £150m in 3 seasons at newcastle as a championship and then newly promoted club. He had money to spend. Its a myth he didn't.
How do you work that out, given we have posted a loss of £240m in the last two years, therefore, we are already £135m over the £105m loss allowed in three years.

I'll bet you now it doesn't go longer than one.
It might not. However, the benchmark at this club for what represents success (getting the the team a 60+ point season and / or any European place), or making the latter stages of the cup(s) gives him a decent chance.

One thing going against Benitez ois the return of fans to stadiums (as things stand at least). Even Ancelotti would have been howled down and out last season with a full stadium. I think that's where Benitez will concerntrate his energies: getting wins at Goodison.

Just saw Italy knocked out the miserable, fat Belgian bastards...not surprised.

Tonali will be in that squad soon enough...come on, Everton.

I try, but they don't listen...

Status
Not open for further replies.