Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's the thing.

A few will turn their nose up because he plays for Brighton.

For the right price, I'd be very happy signing him.

It's unlikely the price will be right, and it's unlikely Sky Sports have a clue.

Indeed, especially with them flush with the Ben White cash. Unless there is a release clause that we can use one would imagine they’d want £40-50 million for him now, which would be daft.

Under £20m. About the fee Brighton paid.

Can't see them agreeing to that sale though.

Loads of players we're linked with/sign I've never seen kick a ball. I watched him a few times at Brentford;

... and thought Brighton signed a very good player.

Nothing since has changed my mind, he's record - at Brighton- has been good in the Prem.

Needs the next step up now.

If he plays against us, he'll cause problems. He has a tenacity, almost street football to his game that fans would like.

Surely the better idea would to be find him before he gets to £30-40m; bed him into the squad and let him develop. If he improves then that where you can then look at selling high value squad members.

Adding him at a high value does not improve the squad to match the outlay he’d cost.

287 apps with 87 goals in his career 67 in farmers leagues or championship.
20 goals in PL over 3 years

Thats absolutely not what we need especially if we need to handover any sort of money never mind 30mil as rumoured.

Context though.

I mean, Calvert-Lewin. Same age. Until the last season or two, his record - stats alone - would make your eyes bleed.

Are you thinking of the right player? Everyone was using him as the excuse as to why Graham Potter couldn’t finish higher than 16th a few weeks back. Scores 8 a season.

Thats because everyone has a hard on for Potterball who's Martinez MRKII mate.

8 goals or so a season is perfectly fine for a squad player off the bench - we aint a top 4 side who has elite forwards on 200k a week happy to sit on our bench.

I Said the same thing about Gray TBF... I still might be right, but early indications are I'm wrong.

After that I'm not ismissing anyone. though I think for the money they'd want it's not a great idea.
The difference with Gray is does he improve us on what we had? yes (Bernard) so for a small outlay its risk free.
Does Maupay improve us? IMO absolutely not add to that a hefty chunk of funds thats needed elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.