Everton takeover rumours

Will anything come of today's buyer/investor news?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm so confident this is happening I've just ordered my Kansas Soccerballists jersey..

fdf74bdcff331eb059bb499ff7264bf7.webp

*still a 28 day returns policy in 'Murica yeah??

Can't help but feel we've been here before. Aren't the club due to make a statement on the future of the Walton Hall Park plans soon?

Hopefully the takeover story is related, rather than a deflection.

Please be true.

£225m is probably right when you consider the value of our current playing squad plus the new TV deals

Correct. Stops someone paying say 100 mil and then selling the best players and taking the sky money at the end of the season. They would walk away with over 100 mil profit which is why 225 mil is a fair price.

An asking price of £225m seems a bit high.

....that's why they might have started the rumour. More specifically, if there is any truth in this there might be a significant delta between the asking price and what they are prepared to pay. They are probably reading this thread now to gauge interest and see if fans might pressurise the Board.

@the esk will manage expectation and give us an idea if this has legs.

Dont think they get anything in terms of an annual payout though esk would know.

But what they're gonna get out of it is a ridiculously good return on there shares despite not putting a penny into the club

Correct, none of the directors have received any payment from the club for their services.

Elstone who is a Board member but not a director receives an annual salary.

Does anyone remember when the BBC last said we were getting taken over and that Bill Kenwright was in Dubai going over the details? It was about 2008, then Everton dismissed it 10 minutes later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back