Everton takeover rumours

Will anything come of today's buyer/investor news?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
i think with the seeming inevitability that bill's health isn't good there could be more legs to this than with previous rumours.

but then i can be described as naive.

Makes me think the source is 100% from Kansas's side, very interesting that for ocne the club didn't leak it as a smokescreen but another source did, makes me actually think they have interest and want to use the media/social media to apply pressure on maybe a resistant board - could be sneaky with the AGM approaching from them

2 sources for BBC to confirm a story

Here is my one worry with regards to a takeover

Do we keep our same strategy of giving youngsters a chance & "keeping" them?

If we had different owners would we of sold Stones this summer e.g Sterling/Saurez at RS, Sneiderlin, Shaw, Lallana at saints.

All for It 100% if we keep what we have already built together and add some genuine quality to go with the top quality kids we have

image.webp

Here is my one worry with regards to a takeover

Do we keep our same strategy of giving youngsters a chance & "keeping" them?

If we had different owners would we of sold Stones this summer e.g Sterling/Saurez at RS, Sneiderlin, Shaw, Lallana at saints.

All for It 100% if we keep what we have already built together and add some genuine quality to go with the top quality kids we have
Make no mistake, at least one of our young talents will be getting sold next summer just like those players did above. It makes no difference who's in charge

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spor...verton-refusing-comment-rumours-225m-10272631
Everton refusing to comment on rumours of £225m US takeover bid

Breaking: Everton tight-lipped over speculation that Kansas-based Sporting Club want to buy the Blues
JS44278319-1.jpg

Are US investors trying to buy Everton?

Everton are so far refusing to comment on speculation that a US consortium is looking to buy the club.

Reports emerged this morning that a group in Kansas City - believed to be Sporting Club - are looking into the idea of launching a £225m takeover bid for the Blues.

Everton are not commenting on the rumours this morning but the club have continually stressed that the search for investment is on-going.

Chief executive Robert Elstone, who was in America earlier this month, said that there were no "unreasonable" conditions on the sale of the club.

And in his programme notes on the final day of last season, he wrote: "The search for the funds that will allow the club to leap forward continues without any slowing down or any less enthusiasm.

Heinemann is a CEO of Sporting Club

"It is worth stating again, and very clearly, there are no unreasonable conditions on the sale of Everton.

"The only condition is one we think is perfectly reasonable - that the new owner has to want to, and must be able to, take the club forward."

kc.jpg

Sporting Park, the stadium of Sporting Club Kansas

Sporting Club are the people behind Sporting Kansas City, the Major League Soccer side.

The ECHO has so far been unable to contact anyone from Sporting Club to comment on the rumours.

Reports about a takeover have also surfaced in Kansas City over the last 24 hours.

BBC sport have reported this morning that Sporting Kansas City representative Mike Illig has publicly stated he is an Everton fan, posting pictures of a visit to Goodison Park on his Twitter account yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back