Everton takeover rumours

Will anything come of today's buyer/investor news?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing for me is if that a buyer came along and Bill and co said you know what we've had our fun, we've taken a wage out of it for x amount of years we will sell for what we paid for it with a caveat that they buy for the £225m with the rest ring fenced for stadium development.

That would be nice wouldnt it.

Can a takeover bid be valued by 'potential' revenue streams? The club cant capatlise these on to the balance sheet; they arent classed as assets.

Therefore can the revenue streams be part of the 'goodwill' element of valuing a company, hence the increased price?

FWIW if the club stay in the top flight over the next 5 years I think they will receive well over £500m in revenue from TV deal so feasibly there is a modicum of strength to such a valuation if they (increased revenue streams) are to be taken into account when valuing a business.

The thing for me is if that a buyer came along and Bill and co said you know what we've had our fun, we've taken a wage out of it for x amount of years we will sell for what we paid for it with a caveat that they buy for the £225m with the rest ring fenced for stadium development.

Wouldn't it just.
flyingpigs.jpg

....just thinking of the song "Billy don't be a hero".

Don't believe these stories but when one looks at the table of clubs that would be worth a punt, Everton are right up there at the top.

I'd settle for Kenwright living up to his promise about not being in it to make any profit out the club, sell then turn around and pay off all existing debt on the club, pay off the season ticket loans, and buy back the training complex from the council.

Hell he will still walk away with a profit after doing all that, do that, give the club a completely debt free clean slate for the new owners to go and achieve something with the club, we all know he won't though, he either will die before he sells, or will sell and take his profit and never look back the charlatan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back