Everton takeover rumours

Will anything come of today's buyer/investor news?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The most valuable thing at the club is the squad, we've got the best talent we've had a the club for years. Now would be the perfect time to buy us, however, for Kenwright and Co it's also the best time to stay incase the players fulfill their potential.

Can anyone explain the £225m price tag?

Seems way way too high.

I'd guess it's goodwill + tv money + squad assets. In the end, businesses are bought based on the expectation of future revenues, and Everton doesn't have much debt. The only thing lacking is a stadium solution, but deep-pocketed, sports-business-minded owners can figure these things out. Initial reaction from American journalists is that the price is low, but that probably is a reaction based on the price of American sports teams, which have a history of big tv money and no relegation fears.

yup, and when they look at which clubs are for sale and which club would be best placed to take advantage of the growing American market, Everton are the only choice.
Looks a stand out for American ownership , lots of interest in Everton since Donovan Cahill & Howard etc.
Historical Giant EPL club plus the backing of MLS best run club ,takes both onto the bigger stage ...big pluses on both parts mate.

Don't suppose you know much about the way Kansas is run? Obviously running an MLS club is very different to prem but would be interesting to see if they have a good attitude towards clubs, growth, etc.
I am certainly not the most informed person to answer your question but from what I know and understand, they are well run. judging this based off the fact that they have success on the pitch, not always the league winner, but more often than not in the playoffs. They went through a rebranding a while back cause they were the Kansas City Wizards originally (Everton Toffees, anyone? - having a laugh). I don't know enough about the owners and all to say this would a good/bad move, though I welcome the idea of the American Consortium route as opposed to the Middle Eastern/Russian Billionaire one. As I've mentioned though I think a love/passion for the club is important (to some degree).

Who's the club President now?
If this does happen, I'd like to see Bill take that position, if he's well enough.
Why on Earth would you want him having anything to do with the future of this club?
Annoys me when people say stuff like this. He has oversaw the longest period of decline in our history. He has failed to deliver on anything he set out to do and has been very lucky that the Sky money has grew year on year. He has taken the voice away from the fans, when he promised transparancy at the club. I want him out of Goodison for good.

The AGM is very soon and anger at the board is very high right now. These jarg stories always come out of nowhere when the board want to deflect criticism. Don't fall for this rubbish.

Can only assume it will be even worse and will be questioned at the AGM though.

Can a takeover bid be valued by 'potential' revenue streams? The club cant capatlise these on to the balance sheet; they arent classed as assets.

Therefore can the revenue streams be part of the 'goodwill' element of valuing a company, hence the increased price?

FWIW if the club stay in the top flight over the next 5 years I think they will receive well over £500m in revenue from TV deal so feasibly there is a modicum of strength to such a valuation if they (increased revenue streams) are to be taken into account when valuing a business.

Takeovers are valued precisely by revenue streams (amongst other things) mate. If a bid were being financed by debt - or if for example you wanted to finance a new stadium by debt - the revenue stream is key. The great opportunity here in a buyer like this is that they would also have the credibility and the clout to refinance the club's existing structured debt (ie. the stuff we have tied up our future gate receipts with) on much more commercially viable terms.

I really don't want to let myself believe this could happen just yet, but this is exactly the kind of buyer we are crying out for, amid the woeful array of fake Arabs, far eastern ghosts and chicken farmers that have been lurking menacingly around the Prem for many years. And to be fair, we as a club have not looked so enticing as we do now in decades... Fingers, toes and everything else crossed like.

The AGM is very soon and anger at the board is very high right now. These jarg stories always come out of nowhere when the board want to deflect criticism. Don't fall for this rubbish.

Its already been confirmed that the sources on this are nothing to do with the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back