Everton takeover rumours

Will anything come of today's buyer/investor news?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fwiw, Sporting KC are one of the most respected MLS sides. They consistently fill up their stadium, the ownership is incredibly fan accessible (I think there was some smack talking by a SKC honcho via twitter a while ago), and despite their success there are few opposing fans, that I'm aware of, that actually dislike them.

They seem to be a hard working, blue collar team, that don't rely on huge signings. Which really could be good or bad as an omen. Of course what they do on one side of the pond might not be what they would do on the other.

Honestly, if a MLS ownership HAD to buy Everton, and it were up to me, Sporting would be near the top of my list.

Not sure how Newcastle are fixed but aren't Villa carrying more debt than us?
I honestly dont know Dougie,and Matt Damon isnt here to inform us,Im talking more about catchment areas and spending on club
products rather than debt,though I would wager our debts are less than both clubs

Although I'm not a fan of Bill as owner/chairman, I do believe his heart is in the right place. I believe he has stabilized the club after the Johnson years. I think his hands have been tied by the likes of Earl and Green. I think he has managed to keep a good boss and playing squad on the pitch. Yes, Goodison is falling down and we haven't won anything in ages but he went up in my estimation after the Stones saga and if he can find a good group to take the club forward, I think he could be a good continuity link, on a purely representative basis.
Half of what you're basing this on is assumption. We don't know if he has had his hands tied behind his back or not.

Look at the continuous lies he has told. The man couldn't even build offices in the car park. He is a complete failure.

The King's Dock saga summed him up. Gregg was ready with the money to push us forward to that stadium, but Kenwright's ego wouldn't allow him to be pushed to the side.

He then led us onto Kirkby, a stadium threw out by the government because everything about it was not good enough.

I can't wait for the day he is finally out of Goodison. He doesn't deserve any sort of recognition after the shambles he has oversaw.

My view from the outside is that this report is credible.

It's getting to a point where a purchase could be sensible. The value of the team is growing, TV money will only go higher and the blues have shown that they have a way of bringing cheap young players through and achieving moderate success for outlays that make the RS look ridiculous. The state of the ground is as much an opportunity for a buyer as it is a liability to the current owners. Of course we always end up disappointed.........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back