Everton takeover rumours

Will anything come of today's buyer/investor news?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fwiw, Sporting KC are one of the most respected MLS sides. They consistently fill up their stadium, the ownership is incredibly fan accessible (I think there was some smack talking by a SKC honcho via twitter a while ago), and despite their success there are few opposing fans, that I'm aware of, that actually dislike them.

They seem to be a hard working, blue collar team, that don't rely on huge signings. Which really could be good or bad as an omen. Of course what they do on one side of the pond might not be what they would do on the other.

Honestly, if a MLS ownership HAD to buy Everton, and it were up to me, Sporting would be near the top of my list.

Came here to say this. Their two DP's are both homegrown lads. Sporting Park is a fantastic MLS ground. Two conference titles, 4 playoff appearances, 2 US Open Cup, and one MLS Cup in the past 5 years. And they're on track for another playoff appearance this year.

Hell, as a Yank without a club over here, I'd adopt them if they bought Everton.

Though i put very little credence into this rumor, but if there was truth in it (there isn't) this KC group would be ideal. They have built their club into a model franchise in the MLS and have are one of the best run franchises in America for all sports. They built a brand new stadium that is absolutely beautiful. I went there for a US national team match and it was a great atmosphere. They have great fan relations and have thousands of people on a waiting list to pick up season tickets for the MLS which is unbelievable considering KC is in the Midwest and not some hipster Northwest community like Portland or Seattle (Midwesterners are known for loving their American football and thumbing their nose at soccer). The group has invested quite a bit of money into the club and are doing it the “right way”. While teams like NYCFC are buying up old decreped players like Lampard and Pirlo, Sporting KC are spending their money on young exciting prospects.

AGM soon
Half Season tickets email today

... rumours without foundation surface of a takeover.

Literally every year... if we had meetings that often, except the Board ruled them out.

Think they go hand in hand mate.
History tells you its been successful , Potential can return it to its rightful place.

If that is the case why have City and Chelsea been bought? No history or success prior to purchase.

I think a club has to be priced right, need as little investment as possible (ie. not need a new stadium) and be in a good location.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back