Everton takeover rumours

Will anything come of today's buyer/investor news?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Not happening. Everton will be sold only after Bill Kenwright is not around anymore.

What do you make of his illness? I'm coming round to the idea that Kenwright is the puppet for forces behind the scenes. I don't mean it to be blunt but if/when Kenwright dies their potential asset could go into a period of instability. I am not sure any of them understand the minutiae of how to run a football club effectively. They'd then be in a situation of having to sell more quickly. If they were clever, with the impending TV money and a stable team with lots of young assets they'd be looking at cashing in now.

I appreciate Kenwright in many ways is not a particularly orthodox or successful businessman. But he does seem to get football, he doesn't sack managers very often. it is to his credit he is not swayed by the mob and generally a layer of fans believe in him and respect his decisions.

It could all be a load of rubbish again. However there lack of a rebuttal is not very decisive, using NW TV is not a very clear statement.

lifted my own two cents from Everton USA on the facebook.

_____

A committed ownership group from the US could only mean good things.

committed is key word, and it seems they are to SKC.

even if they don't bring Qatari/UAE mad money to the club, even if they invest SOMEthING that is a step up.

further the club could definitely benefit from outside ownership (particularly US) as it might force them to re-think their absolute lack of ambition when it comes to growing the brand, especially abroad.

they seem content to be a "small club" in that regard. Everton1, Everton2, and Kitbag. Hooray. No kits at the liverpool airport, let alone anywhere else.

the moment the team signed Howard (and Landon) they should have had kits up in Champs and other sporting goods stores here. they SHOULD have been growing the brand from day one. instead they are starting the game way late in teh US. and by "they", it's not even the club, it's just motivated American supporters.

I live in Asuncion, Paraguay. Alcaraz is a hero here after scoring a key header against Italy in the 2010 World Cup. Crap for us, but hey... should have kits all over. Nada. No one recognizes the kit when i wear the nike training one from the goofy badge season out to play footie on Fridays, nor my current kits.

I'll be spending a week in Buenos Aires for Christmas. We just signed Funes Mori from one of their two biggest, most popular clubs. A clear way to attract new supporters. bet I won't see EFC merch there.

Likewise in Costa Rica (Oviedo), Bosnia (Besic)... anywhere we have a player on the national team from should have been the focus of a marketing push.

at least US owners will understand the potential of marketing here (and elsewhere) far more than the current team.

What was their bit? Something to the effect of "we invested some into the US and didn't see an immediate return..."

hopefully this is more than just wishful thinking and idle speculation.

But i'll believe it right after Hibbo pots the game winner this weekend, runs to the corner flag and digs up the Arteta money as his celebration.

lifted my own two cents from Everton USA on the facebook.

_____

A committed ownership group from the US could only mean good things.

committed is key word, and it seems they are to SKC.

even if they don't bring Qatari/UAE mad money to the club, even if they invest SOMEthING that is a step up.

further the club could definitely benefit from outside ownership (particularly US) as it might force them to re-think their absolute lack of ambition when it comes to growing the brand, especially abroad.

they seem content to be a "small club" in that regard. Everton1, Everton2, and Kitbag. Hooray. No kits at the liverpool airport, let alone anywhere else.

the moment the team signed Howard (and Landon) they should have had kits up in Champs and other sporting goods stores here. they SHOULD have been growing the brand from day one. instead they are starting the game way late in teh US. and by "they", it's not even the club, it's just motivated American supporters.

I live in Asuncion, Paraguay. Alcaraz is a hero here after scoring a key header against Italy in the 2010 World Cup. Crap for us, but hey... should have kits all over. Nada. No one recognizes the kit when i wear the nike training one from the goofy badge season out to play footie on Fridays, nor my current kits.

I'll be spending a week in Buenos Aires for Christmas. We just signed Funes Mori from one of their two biggest, most popular clubs. A clear way to attract new supporters. bet I won't see EFC merch there.

Likewise in Costa Rica (Oviedo), Bosnia (Besic)... anywhere we have a player on the national team from should have been the focus of a marketing push.

at least US owners will understand the potential of marketing here (and elsewhere) far more than the current team.

What was their bit? Something to the effect of "we invested some into the US and didn't see an immediate return..."

hopefully this is more than just wishful thinking and idle speculation.

But i'll believe it right after Hibbo pots the game winner this weekend, runs to the corner flag and digs up the Arteta money as his celebration.
You make out as though hibbert isnt going to score this weekend. Its that sort of negativity that will put potential investors off buying us.

Boooooo

Think they go hand in hand mate.
History tells you its been successful , Potential can return it to its rightful place.

History is important too. For Americans in particular what differentiates British sport is that historical tradition. It makes people very ,arketable in America. Dixie Dean would be a hero there is we made the most of him.

Why on Earth would you want him having anything to do with the future of this club?
Annoys me when people say stuff like this. He has oversaw the longest period of decline in our history. He has failed to deliver on anything he set out to do and has been very lucky that the Sky money has grew year on year. He has taken the voice away from the fans, when he promised transparancy at the club. I want him out of Goodison for good.

Although I'm not a fan of Bill as owner/chairman, I do believe his heart is in the right place. I believe he has stabilized the club after the Johnson years. I think his hands have been tied by the likes of Earl and Green. I think he has managed to keep a good boss and playing squad on the pitch. Yes, Goodison is falling down and we haven't won anything in ages but he went up in my estimation after the Stones saga and if he can find a good group to take the club forward, I think he could be a good continuity link, on a purely representative basis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back