Everton takeover rumours

Will anything come of today's buyer/investor news?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Or is he the man who has been at the helm in the Clubs least successful spell in our history, who has constantly lied to fans, and has consistently failed to provide a new ground he has promised? It's all about perspective.

Anyway, putting my optimistic hat on, let's say there is something in it, why would we pay off these loans today? And does anyone have any idea about how much they were?

Paying off loans is a bit of a red herring as they would just be line items in the final sale settlement. So paid off or not they make no real difference......

Had a look at this series of tweets and the problem is that the five charges that were cleared today do not mean that five loans were repaid today.
You can repay a loan and not have the charge removed for years afterwards by simply not requesting the charge holder to remove it.
As I said in my initial post, it could be just housekeeping being done on the Company's paperwork.
A prime example was the RBOS charge on True Blue Holdings Ltd. Facility was granted, never used but the charge remained for as long as the facility was available. So no debt but a charge still existed.

Totally correct...

It may not happen, but even a leaked story may get any buyer interested, the company on Twitter tonight deny any contact, but they are not going to dive in - they showed interest in WBA etc so you never know!

The talk of a takeover started yesterday and the loans were repaid today
This is a misconception to be honest.
In all probability no money was repaid today, but someone at the club realised that there were charges registered against the club that had been satisfied.
Without looking at them, 1 will be Vibrac and the other 4 Barclays which (from memory) may well include charges on Bellefield and Finch Farm, neither of which belong to Everton.

This is a misconception to be honest.
In all probability no money was repaid today, but someone at the club realised that there were charges registered against the club that had been satisfied.
Without looking at them, 1 will be Vibrac and the other 4 Barclays which (from memory) may well include charges on Bellefield and Finch Farm, neither of which belong to Everton.
That's true, what I meant though was that the takeover talk started yesterday, before the accounts were tidied up today.

By the way the idea this is just some ruse because the AGM is imminent is flawed.

It's not like he was gonna get a rough ride at it. The plane thing & protests haven't captured the imagination of a sufficient number to be an issue. It's not like 2011 when several hundred were marching & protesting outside the ground. There have been a few banners at away games but that's end of the extent of it.

Also the accounts presented at the AGM only go up to May 31st this year.

So anything carried out yesterday won't be a factor in the figures presented.

Something's afoot alright but it would be premature to expect that it will lead to a sale.

Wasn't someone granted due diligence a few years back and then did a runner when they saw the books ?

Sorry but I just can't believe that anyone will fork out £225m plus the cost of a new stadium to buy out the current shareholders. Would be very happy to be wrong like, but I'd hate to find out in a few days that they 'only' offered £150m but the offer wasn't accepted.

Having said that I hope BK is OK health wise and makes a full recovery from his illness.

Don't want to get anyone's hopes up that there may be something afoot, but just had a look on Companies House and some tidying up of the Company's paperwork in respect of charges took place today.
There are now only 5 charges against Everton Football Club Limited :
J G Funding Ltd TV deal
2xBarclay's -floating charge on assets and right of offset for monies held in bank accounts
Prudential - re income mortgage
Everton Investments Limited -re income mortgage.

5 were satisfied today.

My take for what it's worth is that either they have been really slack in the past and just forgot to get them discharged or, just possibly, they are tidying things up in readiness for due dilligence
Now thats a bit of Great GOT explorative info...well in mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back