Everton takeover rumours

Will anything come of today's buyer/investor news?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Would be quite "Everton That" if a good sound group that is Sporting Kansas City, invested in another club.

Now, to chase sleep in the 7 hours and change till the 9 AM kick vs United in the States.

CRfzpecUAAAUQLh.png:large
So they were interested in buying Everton, but Kenwright and the other carpet baggers wanted top dollar for a club they've put not one penny into developing. They bought their shares for £20M and now believe they have the right to sell them for £225M. Not unreasonably the potential buyers walked away from a purchase.

That's the whole top and bottom of it. That's been the top and bottom of it from day one, in fact; only the price being asked has changed.

But all the media have to offer on the matter is to ask why protests are still being made during a good start to the season. Unreal.

Kenwright is our misfortune.

So they were interested in buying Everton, but Kenwright and the other carpet baggers wanted top dollar for a club they've put not one penny into developing. They bought their shares for £20M and now believe they have the right to sell them for £225M. Not unreasonably the potential buyers walked away from a purchase.

That's the whole top and bottom of it. That's been the top and bottom of it from day one, in fact; only the price being asked has changed.

But all the media have to offer on the matter is to ask why protests are still being made during a good start to the season. Unreal.

Kenwright is our misfortune.

Maybe his main princible in this is that the power change can only happend on our terms.

From them comments they are still interested in the club. Yesterday I posted saying I didn't think it was true as multi million pound deals are done behind close doors, not on Facebook. Now it looks like they are really interested in the club but price wasn't right. Now they put it out in public to put pressure on the club to strike a deal at a lower price. If they wanted to move on they would of said nothing and started negotiations with another club. Because it would look like the club they bought would of been 2nd/3rd choice.

Anyone know anything about these people. Bit concerned that this is going to be a leveraged buyout a la glazer family and Man United.

From them comments they are still interested in the club. Yesterday I posted saying I didn't think it was true as multi million pound deals are done behind close doors, not on Facebook. Now it looks like they are really interested in the club but price wasn't right. Now they put it out in public to put pressure on the club to strike a deal at a lower price. If they wanted to move on they would of said nothing and started negotiations with another club. Because it would look like the club they bought would of been 2nd/3rd choice.

Interesting point mate and one for the first time that as fans is what we have always asked for - for someone who is interested to publicly state interest so we know once and for all if someone is actually interested in us!

Are they putting pressure on the board by making this public? Are they hoping the fans will turn the screw of change on the board? Will we find out what Earl and Greens roles are in the coming weeks and months?

Could be a very interesting couple of months or maybe nothing will happen and this interested party never really had the funds or desire to make an effort to purchase.

Interesting point mate and one for the first time that as fans is what we have always asked for - for someone who is interested to publicly state interest so we know once and for all if someone is actually interested in us

Are they putting pressure on the board by making this public? Are they hoping the fans will turn the screw of change on the board? Will we find out what Earl and Greens roles are in the coming weeks and months?

Could be a very interesting couple of months or maybe nothing will happen and this interested party never really had the funds or desire to make an effort to purchase.

Was just my interpretation of things, but like everything else others will see it differently. As you say good to see that someone has come out and said they are/were interested in the club. At this stage it's still anybodys guess at what will happen but definitely a positive that someones interested.

Was just my interpretation of things, but like everything else others will see it differently. As you say good to see that someone has come out and said they are/were interested in the club. At this stage it's still anybodys guess at what will happen but definitely a positive that someones interested.

I reckon your interpretation won't be far off either mate. Bloody hell they would only need to spend 5 minutes on here with us and know that by making this public that they had a chat with Everton there will be Everton fans willing to hound the current board out of Goodison and the country!

I was thinking about this yesterday and getting taken over and what would that mean for Everton. What I would like for us is to to be on an even playing field with the likes of Chelsea, City, Utd, Arsenal and Liverpool when it comes to spending and I would fancy our chances that we may see another title or 3 come our way as I don't think we are actually that far off having a squad capable of challenging. A couple of first team players and some quality in depth and I think we could sustain a challenge over the course of a season.

Do you not think that in itself raises suspicions, why clear something (loans) that will have no bearing on presented accounts. Don't know if I agree with you that these demos and highlighted issues raised by (collymore) (watched toffee) and other Twitter folk haven't had an effect. It has only highlighted ineptitude of this board and raises serious questions about Green and Earls involvement, unfortunately I think there it has taking ill health for Bill to finally put an exit strategy in place. I for one would welcome change it but would never wish an illness on Our chairman. I don't feel comfortable talking about it or indeed reading fellow posters arguing if he has an illness or not.

Well, yeah, I think it raises suspicions that something is afoot. That's been my argument in my last few posts on here.

I haven't made any comments on Bill's health issues in this thread. I'm not sure if your comment was directed at me or if you're confusing me with another poster, but it's other people making these comments.

I reckon your interpretation won't be far off either mate. Bloody hell they would only need to spend 5 minutes on here with us and know that by making this public that they had a chat with Everton there will be Everton fans willing to hound the current board out of Goodison and the country!

I was thinking about this yesterday and getting taken over and what would that mean for Everton. What I would like for us is to to be on an even playing field with the likes of Chelsea, City, Utd, Arsenal and Liverpool when it comes to spending and I would fancy our chances that we may see another title or 3 come our way as I don't think we are actually that far off having a squad capable of challenging. A couple of first team players and some quality in depth and I think we could sustain a challenge over the course of a season.

How would the media cope with 'little ol' Everton' challenging? Imagine us winning the title before the beauts across the park..now that would be worth celebrating

Which is exactly why it won't happen...this is Everton we're talking about

How would the media cope with 'little ol' Everton' challenging? Imagine us winning the title before the beauts across the park..now that would be worth celebrating

Which is exactly why it won't happen...this is Everton we're talking about

As a realist you are probably right mate.......but just hold that thought in your head for a second more.

Can you imagine picking up the title before that shower of scruffs. All the heartache, disappointments, let downs all meaningless because for that moment we would be like lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

We could probably all end up being after show dinner speakers, doing the circuit about the time the RS spunked 500m trying to win the league and we spent 50m one summer and won it first time of asking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back