Everton takeover rumours

Will anything come of today's buyer/investor news?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
You speak of the anti Bill brigade yet in the same content use 'potential', 'somewhat' regarding this 'saga'. The expectations...
There are no expectations, they were given up years back, most likely after KD for most, it is desperation for activity I think you misinterpret as expectation.

I am wholeheartedly anti Bill as you call it, but dont make presumptions, there is history and precedent on our side in this regard, almost annually in fact
Desperation for activity? So sell sell sell, as long as Bill goes that's all that matters. We have never been more susceptible to a fleecing. Anybody with evertons best interestswould want Bill to stick around at the moment, anybody who wasn't an evertonian would be looking at this club and thinking, so I bought this place for £20m and the assets are worth £200m?

Would be very happy to be wrong like, but I'd hate to find out in a few days that they 'only' offered £150m but the offer wasn't accepted.

Having said that I hope BK is OK health wise and makes a full recovery from his illness.

Which, regardless of the actual figures, has come to pass. From the horses mouth a possible buyer has said the price was too high. And I cant see a bid forwarded to Everton's owners - with its current, and soon to be boosted, massive revenue intake - falling short of the figure you proffer, even bearing in mind the cost of a stadium build/redevelopment to them.

It's out there now and established: Kenwright, Woods and Earl are asking too much and repelling serious interest in a takeover because of it.

If there was no story or interest whatsoever then there probably would have been flat denials by now from one side or the other.

We also know that whatever may be happening will be kept strictly private. It is not a publicly quoted company so stock exchange rules do not apply. The probability is that nothing would be announced until the deal is finalised.

We also know from transfer windows that there are no its about sensitive information regarding the club, any thing shared on here is just somebodies opinion. We saw that even former players like Andy Gray did not know what the club was going to do about player's sales or purchases and this is much more sensitive.

I was thinking about this yesterday and getting taken over and what would that mean for Everton. What I would like for us is to to be on an even playing field with the likes of Chelsea, City, Utd, Arsenal and Liverpool when it comes to spending and I would fancy our chances that we may see another title or 3 come our way as I don't think we are actually that far off having a squad capable of challenging. A couple of first team players and some quality in depth and I think we could sustain a challenge over the course of a season.

Care would have to be taken to ensure that a takeover did not put us on a level playing field with Aston Villa, West Brom, and Norwich!

If anyone thinks the Americans or anybody else for that matter are buying football clubs for anything other than huge potential future profitability then they need to go and check their boxers. Very, very few wealthy people like to waste money, or spend top dollar on a 'passion', and in this case it's a consortium not a wealthy individual. They are interested because of the size of the potential pie in the future. On a similar note, why would anyone expect the current shareholders to sell for anything other than a sizeable profit when you consider the potential income from TV rights alone over the next few years?

It's really not rocket science. It's about gaining or not losing future profitability streams for buyers and sellers respectively.

The board are obviously taking extra special care Steve as we've been up for sale for about 15 years ;)
:);) Very true. Lets face it...we could have had any number of owners. A very misguided poster on the old Kipper site was forever saying that he knew of 'ten potential buyers waiting in the wings'. Bill would never consent to a cast that big.....he would stage 76 Trombones with only 6 trombones, and ask people to move around a lot.

Attending Goodison Park once doesn't make you a fan.

The current 2nd largest shareholder at the club, who owns 23% of Everton, is Robert Earl who has attended 1 match at Goodison in 8 years.

I bet Man City fans were bricking when that Sheik Mansour took over, given that he hadn't previously stood on the Kippax or had never waved an inflatable banana to Joy Division once.

The concern is, with a club that doesn't have the international status of Utd, that we'll be bought by speculators who'll just fire sale the entire squad. Say we were bought by a bunch of neo capitalist shysters for 200 million. At a glance Ross, Stones, McCarthy, Coleman, Lukaku you've got 150 - 200 million back. (i) You still own a premier league club

Don't think it can't happen. I'm worried. Not many good owners or sugar daddy's about.

(ii) Attending Goodison Park once doesn't make you a fan.

(i) not for long

(ii) Did for me, that was all it took.

(iii) This may have legs given Bill's rumoured health problems, It might also confirm the opinions Re. That It's always just been Bill's train set and was never for sale, until the unthinkable ( don't wish anybody ill health ) concentrated his mind.

Why? All of those clubs have seen more investment than Everton.

I knew someone would come up with that one ! Look at our squad...look at the Norwich, Villa and WBA squads. Tell me we haven't got a far better squad than any of those, and many more in the Prem. Tell me that spending £6 million on Victor Anichebe is a better investment than £28 million on Romelu Lukaku. You can't, can you?

(iii) This may have legs given Bill's rumoured health problems, It might also confirm the opinions Re. That It's always just been Bill's train set and was never for sale, until the unthinkable ( don't wish anybody ill health ) concentrated his mind.
I am reliably told that his health concerns are both true and relatively serious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back