Everton takeover rumours

Will anything come of today's buyer/investor news?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
So they were interested in buying Everton, but Kenwright and the other carpet baggers wanted top dollar for a club they've put not one penny into developing. They bought their shares for £20M and now believe they have the right to sell them for £225M. Not unreasonably the potential buyers walked away from a purchase.

That's the whole top and bottom of it. That's been the top and bottom of it from day one, in fact; only the price being asked has changed.

But all the media have to offer on the matter is to ask why protests are still being made during a good start to the season. Unreal.

Kenwright is our misfortune.
Where's this £225 million figure from by the way?

Something's afoot alright but it would be premature to expect that it will lead to a sale.
Perfectly sums up a reasonable and rational view on this whole 'new ownership' saga.

It's nice that there is some potential news, which also seems somewhat credible, but it is only very early days. Expectations are too high.

Things do not happen quickly, nor do very often run smoothly; anyone in business knows that. Also, there is always lots of talk and no action.

Sorry but I just can't believe that anyone will fork out £225m plus the cost of a new stadium to buy out the current shareholders. Would be very happy to be wrong like, but I'd hate to find out in a few days that they 'only' offered £150m but the offer wasn't accepted.
Ditto. The £225m mark seems rather high when considering our overall situation, however up to now this has been mainly paper talk.

It's sad however that many of the Anti-Bill brigade have already jumped on the story to add weight to their argument. Right now it's speculation.

I'm not even the biggest advocate of Kenwright and the board, however people have become entrenched in their biased perspectives.

Let us see how it all pans out; then we can objectively analyse how the vested parties have acted. Before hand is just childish.

It will. That's how they do it now. No personal debt. Pay it off with club money and sell for 100% profit down the line..

Tbh that's how id do it too..

We've had club debt for years, everything is already mortgaged - training ground rented, stadium used as collateral, land surrounding the ground not owned by the club (which is why Everton Place never got built), so any idea that these people would be any worse than Kenwright & co is unlikely.

Kenwright gets away with it 'because he's a Blue'.

The concern is, with a club that doesn't have the international status of Utd, that we'll be bought by speculators who'll just fire sale the entire squad. Say we were bought by a bunch of neo capitalist shysters for 200 million. At a glance Ross, Stones, McCarthy, Coleman, Lukaku you've got 150 - 200 million back. You still own a premier league football club.

Don't think it can't happen. I'm worried. Not many good owners or sugar daddy's about.

Attending Goodison Park once doesn't make you a fan.

I think every sane Blue wants investment in the club, and if this rumour is true let's hope investment follows.

My concern is the Randy Learner effect, he showed great interest to start of with then decided when it wasn't going his way to sell everything of value.

Let's hope if it happens these fellas can put us to the forefront of the Prem, we have the fan base and we have the history, I guess all we need is the investment to fulfil the potential

americans are In this for business and nothing else, We potentially have a great business model

Perfectly sums up a reasonable and rational view on this whole 'new ownership' saga.

It's nice that there is some potential news, which also seems somewhat credible, but it is only very early days. Expectations are too high.

Things do not happen quickly, nor do very often run smoothly; anyone in business knows that. Also, there is always lots of talk and no action.

Ditto. The £225m mark seems rather high when considering our overall situation, however up to now this has been mainly paper talk.

It's sad however that many of the Anti-Bill brigade have already jumped on the story to add weight to their argument. Right now it's speculation.

I'm not even the biggest advocate of Kenwright and the board, however people have become entrenched in their biased perspectives.

Let us see how it all pans out; then we can objectively analyse how the vested parties have acted. Before hand is just childish.

You speak of the anti Bill brigade yet in the same content use 'potential', 'somewhat' regarding this 'saga'. The expectations...
There are no expectations, they were given up years back, most likely after KD for most, it is desperation for activity I think you misinterpret as expectation.

I am wholeheartedly anti Bill as you call it, but dont make presumptions, there is history and precedent on our side in this regard, almost annually in fact

"I'm concerned these people aren't genuine and wont invest in the team or a stadium, they'll just take over the shares of the club and hope to make a profit on it sometime down the line".

Erm...we have that already.

Let's not start second guessing the motives of anyone who want to take over from these carpet bagging clowns currently in charge. The usual status quo 'Bill is a big blue' bollocks has had its day. It's a pathetic argument, always has been and no one apart from a handful of people would have the nerve to argue it these days.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back