Everton takeover rumours

Will anything come of today's buyer/investor news?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The game is moving forward.

A few months ago the unanswered questions were: is the club for sale? Is there investor interest? Ground move or redevelopment? Price?

I believe most reasonable onlookers would agree the first two questions have been answered positively.

The rest is just negotiation between potential owners, LCC (re ground) and the Board (re price).

A few months ago the unanswered questions were: is the club for sale? Is there investor interest? Ground move or redevelopment? Price?

I believe most reasonable onlookers would agree the first two questions have been answered positively.

The rest is just negotiation between potential owners, LCC (re ground) and the Board (re price).

Are you truly feeling confident about a potential change of ownership in the near future (no scepticism implied with this question, just genuinely interested if you are basing a good level of confidence on something that has happened recently)

Are you truly feeling confident about a potential change of ownership in the near future (no scepticism implied with this question, just genuinely interested if you are basing a good level of confidence on something that has happened recently)

I'm not in a position to say mate. It will happen if the ground move/redevelopment issue can be agreed and a price can be agreed.

Thus my view that we are progressing.

Do you think that a possible stumbling block would be if minority shareholders do not decide to sell, which could lead to a dissenting group remaining?

Q1 the last few days doesnt prove anything, the Americans may have come over and found that the club isnt for sale.
Q2 see Q1 answer.
Q3 well there are only two scenarios, nothing there, move on.
Q4 see Q1 answer.

Unlikely mate, I would expect the Board to recommend shareholders approve any sale. Can't see @davek or @Bluesnapper voting for the staus quo lol
You never know mate, they may just do it out of a sense of devilment. :rant:
Suppose the only shareholders that could not be persuaded would be those that had some kind of emotional attachment to being shareholders, family heirloom etc. Or am I just being a big old softie!

If that the case how ironic it would be for the shareholders, who have been fecked all over the show for years by them, to tell them to do one.

You never know mate, they may just do it out of a sense of devilment. :rant:
Suppose the only shareholders that could not be persuaded would be those that had some kind of emotional attachment to being shareholders, family heirloom etc. Or am I just being a big old softie!

If that was the case I'm sure they'd get 75% approval to issue new shares to the new investors diluting minority interests. The sale of the Boards shares plus the issue of new shares would give effective control and allow the recapitalisation of the business.

Doubt it would come to that though.

Do you think that a possible stumbling block would be if minority shareholders do not decide to sell, which could lead to a dissenting group remaining?

Woods, Kenwright and Earl own ~68% of the club mate, it's inconceivable to me that those three wouldn't act in the same way and there's no way that enough of the minority shareholders would vote against a potential takeover to make any difference.

If that was the case I'm sure they'd get 75% approval to issue new shares to the new investors diluting minority interests. The sale of the Boards shares plus the issue of new shares would give effective control and allow the recapitalisation of the business.

Doubt it would come to that though.
Pretty much what we both said in another thread.
As long as the Estate of Sir PC, Arthur Abercromby and Lord Grantchester sell, one underwritten rights isuue would pretty much settle it with regards to 90% ownership if none of the minority took up their issue.

our board asking for 225m is ridiculous, worth no where near that.

Very greedy.

Its not. Hell any of us could buy the club for 225M. Just wear a fancy suit and convince a bank or two for a loan. Then go full Mike Ashley and sell Coleman, Barkley, Rom and Stones for 130-170M. There's most of your debt right there. Then you can put your gutted side back on the market for say 150M because 1/2 the city wants you dead. Use 100M to pay off the rest of the debt you owe and walk away with 50M.

Enjoyable while it lasted, gave us hope but once again not to be. So it's back to

View attachment 14548

Yummy yum.

Amazing ad placement @GrandOldTeam

1445186866.6563.iPicit.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back