Everton takeover rumours

Will anything come of today's buyer/investor news?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
....I respect the sentiment of those on here who say we shouldn't accept second best but I do think it's a case of this without investment. We are in survival mode, almost a hand to mouth existence dependent on managers who are effective at working within a limited budget in the transfer market.

Change will involve risk, if there is something happening it has to be the right people with the right intention.
It is loaded with risk, but I think the time has come to try something new.

We need investment, it is a simple fact, no investment we will always be a nearly team

The comments made by the Kansas people are interesting for a couple of reasons.
It confirms that they came over to look at the club as a potential purchase. I think it probably was a preliminary trip to look at the Premiership in general and Everton in particular.
They have also highlighted something we had no inkling of previously...other potential buyers/investors.
I also think the people from Kansas have left the door open for themselves as I understand it they have said they are focusing on winning trophies in America but also said they will continue to look at the Premiership and that may well include Everton.

I have seen a figure off 225 million mentioned as the buying price but 72 hours ago we didn't even know there were possible investors, I don't understand how all of a sudden we can know the price, moreso when we have no idea who the other potential buyers mentioned are.

They have also highlighted something we had no inkling of previously...other potential buyers/investors.

But we've been told several times that there's constant talk at any given time with potential buyers/investors. Been hearing that for years. Nothing new in it as far as I'm concerned.

As Rob Heineman says I believe that there is activity behind the scenes. Whether any deal is done is subject to price and what can be agreed on the stadium issue.

If they are talking to Elstone about the stadium then they are talking to the wrong person, they need to talk to the city council.

Nah.

Elstone wont have any say in the club because he will be out on his hoop once any new group comes in.

Elstone's just an employee, so whether or not he retains his position if the club is sold will depend on the view of any new owners, but you're spot on about decision making, there's absolutely no point in talking to middle men, go straight to the decision makers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back