Everton takeover rumours

Will anything come of today's buyer/investor news?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
With the rumours of Bill being so poorly, are we expecting him at the AGM? I know he is meant to be there, just wondering if he is that poorly he cant attend.

It does seem very odd we haven't had sight or sound of him for a while now.

It would raise the question as to who makes decisions at the moment, who named the price, what conditions or criteria apply and if the interests of the club or certain investors take precedent.

It would, if there were any meat to the stories, but it's AGM time......

Lack of transport for one. If you are to build on a new site then you need the transport infrastructure in place to cope with increased demand.

Lack of infrastructure means that you are on a hiding to nothing for it to be a success plus you may well be stung for a % of costs of putting the infrastructure in place.

Which is why if we go for a new site then the nearer to the city centre the better as the vast majority of transport is already there.
In that case Kings Dock (which most see as the biggest missed opportunity in our recent history) bust have been a dodged bullet too? The transport links there can barely cope with shifting 11,000 after a concert, never mind 55,000 after a home game?

For starters there are five rail stations in walking distance of the Kings Dock, a ferry terminal and god knows how many car park spaces and the public transport system moves around four times a football ground capacity every single work day.

As I know people who work at the arena, people are learning how to get there and get away from there better than they did when it first opened.

G
Well, I doubt Heineman would say that just to do the board a ( supposed ) favour before the AGM, so I'm going to be eternally optimistic or totally clueless ( take your pick ) and hope he's right.

I'd guess that if anything, Heinneman did that to play up his own hand. If his price is in the £150-175M range and nobody is interested in £225 then given just a little time maybe his price becomes more legitimate.

Of course we're an attractive club in terms of financial benefit for a buyer, every premier league club is. The stadium is an added conversation point in terms of what's got to be sorted out in the near future, but any potential buyer will know that if they put money into Everton they'll get far more out of it in the long run. People underestimate how big the TV money is, the English one came in this summer, but the American TV money comes in next summer and then the Asian TV money the year after, then the year after that the English TV money comes in again and it's predicted that it'll be almost double what it was this summer. Buying a premier league club at the moment is a no risk strategy for a businessman or group who knows what they're doing.

It's not a "no risk strategy", but this is a good point.

For starters there are five rail stations in walking distance of the Kings Dock, a ferry terminal and god knows how many car park spaces and the public transport system moves around four times a football ground capacity every single work day.

As I know people who work at the arena, people are learning how to get there and get away from there better than they did when it first opened.
As someone who LIVES on that road, it's absolute chaos every day at rush hour, and is utterly gridlocked when the Echo kicks out.

Yes it's better (slightly) than when it opened, but it's still a nightmare - and we're now nearly EIGHT years since it opened!

I'm not saying that it would have been completely unworkable (though more infrastructure than what's there now would have been needed) but WHP would be no more difficult than KD would have been

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back