Everton takeover rumours

Will anything come of today's buyer/investor news?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not in a position to say mate. It will happen if the ground move/redevelopment issue can be agreed and a price can be agreed.

Thus my view that we are progressing.

As I read the Illig/Heinneman comments, the interest seems sincere. Do you think that is a fair reading?

Heineman then told ESPN FC: "We went over there in August, and we're always opportunistic with opportunities like that. Was it ever close? No. Was it something that we still think about here and there? Sure. But do I actually think we're seriously in the running for it? No.

"I actually think there are a couple of legitimate groups that are talking to Bill Kenwright right now about buying the team. But I think there are some serious groups that are in the mix and I think it will get solved in the next few months."

Asked if Cliff Illig was involved at all, he replied: "No. Cliff and I are the same thing. What I said represents what Cliff thinks too. And Cliff is at the Royals game tonight which is where he'll be for every game [in that series].

"We went back [to Everton in August] to talk to Bill Kenwright about exploring if there was an opportunity for us. We had a good talk, learned a lot, but the timing probably just didn't work out really well for us.

"It probably wasn't the right set of circumstances, wasn't the right price, we probably weren't ready to pull the trigger. There are a lot of different things that just led us to think that it's not the time for us to do it right now."

Heineman did not rule out the prospect of a future takeover of a Premier League club.

"I think we're going to keep looking at stuff in the EPL for sure," he added. "The thing about Everton is it's such a solid foundation of fans, such a solid foundation as a club.

"From a profit standpoint they're a very profitable club in the EPL, which isn't always the case. It was very intriguing, and Liverpool is a beautiful place. So for all those reasons it made some sense, but at the end of the day it just wasn't the right thing."

If Liverpool were in this situation, the Echo would run a front page headline of "LOWER THE PRICE".

For us, we get an article which glosses over the fact that the Americans said the price wasn't right, and instead focus on them saying "the timing wasn't right".

Bill Kentight/Kenwrong is only interested in selling to a Evertonian boyhood billionaire who'll keep Billy Blue Balls as the Chairman and continue the famed Blueblood Award each year.

I think the chances are as slim as our lovable chairman himself.

There've been whispers and rumours before, but off hand, I can't remember anyone going public.

I think this time it's different and we'll see a deal done.

*self flaggelates for being unnecessarily optimistic.
I agree.
Over the last number of years for all the talk of getting rid of the board and getting in new investors , the reply was always the same... who?

This is the first time that a credible buyer/investor has confirmed that they have had a look.

i think deals are deffo being discussed, and books almost certainly being cleaned up for people to check, which is a positive thing.

If something happens i'd suspect it'd be done quite quickly myself like.

Hopefully it's to the right person.

If these potential new owners are haggling over a few million pounds are they really going to be the sort of owners to push us forward like we all crave?

According to these articles West Brom and Aston Villa are also up for sale and the prices quoted range from £150-200m for West Brom, while Villa were almost sold for £150m in the summer.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/jul/24/west-brom-buyer-talks-suspended

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...eover-falls-through-Tim-Sherwood-reveals.html

Surely we can all agree that Everton offers more potential than either of these clubs? Our incomes higher, our debts lower and our teams far far stronger than either of these to perennial relegation candidates. There's nothing wrong with the price quoted £225m is right and fair based on the current market.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back