Everton takeover rumours

Will anything come of today's buyer/investor news?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
There's nothing wrong with the price quoted £225m is right and fair based on the current market.

Hmmm

I think it's excessive with the stadium still being quite the conundrum. Also, is the £225million inclusive of the clubs debt, or would the new owners have to pay that also?

It's fast becoming £500million if not, inclusive of stadium, debt and the company entity.

Plus, Roman bought Chelsea for £140million, albeit 10 years + ago.

Hmmm

I think it's excessive with the stadium still being quite the conundrum. Also, is the £225million inclusive of the clubs debt, or would the new owners have to pay that also?

It's fast becoming £500million if not, inclusive of stadium, debt and the company entity.

Plus, Roman bought Chelsea for £140million, albeit 10 years + ago.

But Villa and West Brom also need to improve their infrastructure, their revenue is a far way behind ours and their teams are miles away yet they want a pretty similar figure.

Also Villa are carrying a lot more debt than us and West Broms wage to turnover ratio is verging on the danger area.

All in all were a sounder more stable club than either of them and the price reflects that I'd suggest.

"I actually think there are a couple of legitimate groups that are talking to Bill Kenwright right now about buying the team. But I think there are some serious groups that are in the mix and I think it will get solved in the next few months." -Heinemann

But Villa and West Brom also need to improve their infrastructure, their revenue is a far way behind ours and their teams are miles away yet they want a pretty similar figure.

Also Villa are carrying a lot more debt than us and West Broms wage to turnover ratio is verging on the danger area.

All in all were a sounder more stable club than either of them and the price reflects that I'd suggest.

I don't doubt you mate on the point that we are the better investment, but does better make us a 'good' investment to those with cash they've likely earned from being good with money.

I don't think Everton are invest-able full stop. The debt should be taken off the asking price as well as a premium for the non-stadium issue.
Throw in that the club was bought for roughly £20million... is £100million not enough? Would that not reasonably equate the finances put into the club by the current owners?
As you know, i'm not a Kenwright basher. I value and like the man and as someone who has steered us as well as an Evertonian. I just think £500million to get the club off its knees is a bit steep.

I don't doubt you mate on the point that we are the better investment, but does better make us a 'good' investment to those with cash they've likely earned from being good with money.

I don't think Everton are invest-able full stop. The debt should be taken off the asking price as well as a premium for the non-stadium issue.
Throw in that the club was bought for roughly £20million... is £100million not enough? Would that not reasonably equate the finances put into the club by the current owners?
As you know, i'm not a Kenwright basher. I value and like the man and as someone who has steered us as well as an Evertonian. I just think £500million to get the club off its knees is a bit steep.

I'll be honest I don't think the price the owners paid for the club should be held up as an argument to what the clubs currently worth is mate. The league and clubs finances have grown beyond recognition during TBH tenure and the price should reflect the market value in my mind.

As for the debt it's at a very manageable level now and about to become even less significant next season, it may also be included in the asking price for all we know at the moment. The stadium is an issue that needs sorting obviously, but until we've heard more of the plans it's worth considering that the club are in talks with LCC to help provide solutions for this.

Long view, if this comes to fruition I think we should soberly reflect on the idea of our club being run for demonstrable corporate profit. For all the Kentight bashing on here, I would imagine his goals to be pretty minor even assuming he is the fiend people make him out to be (and I don't profess to know). However one thing that we can be fairly sure of is that anyone outside the UK buying EFC is doing so to make moneyand that will become the basis for decision making going forward. Making money on a legitimate corporate scale is different to the rumoured pocket lining of a few folks. Some of the outcomes from this will be bad, and some good, but it bears reflection.

When people talk about the debt we are in,the last I heard it was a figure between 40/50 million,obviously a huge sum in the real world but in football terms mere chickenfeed,we surely are in rude health compared to a number of our competitors,one of our stellar players sold and its wiped out,yeah the ground issue is holding us back,but I fail to see why any investors looking at a top flight club would not be looking at tapping into the rich potential at Everton if you can get things right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back