Everton takeover rumours

Will anything come of today's buyer/investor news?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
A potential American investor announcing he/colleagues are no longer interested but two other parties are talking with Chairman Bullmerde, just shouts out more lies/calling in favours to me.

If due diligence is under way then I'd say we won't get a sniff of news until that's complete, at which point a formal offer might be made and an EGM called.

Hasn't due diligence already been done? I thought Heineman wrote that they came back to Goodison in August to discuss details. If so, that's two trips to talk purchase without any rumors or message board discussion. I doubt we hear anything concrete until a deal is almost final. We'd still know nothing now if the financier hadn't talked to McNulty.

I just find it impossible to believe we will actually be bought. Being mid twenties, all I can remember is Kenwright, and the countless 'takeover' bids and '24/7 search' garbage. Would be a very pleasant surprise, but I just can't see it.

You've reached your mid-20s mate, there's really nothing more for you to learn about life. I doubt if you'll ever be surprised again.

Hasn't due diligence already been done
I've no idea mate.

Discussing details doesn't necessarily mean they'd got to the nitty gritty of going through the books though. To be honest, I hadn't even thought of that. But anyway, if Company <A> had carried out due diligence then Company <B> wouldn't just ring them up and ask them what they'd found, they'd want to carry out their own due diligence, otherwise they wouldn't be being very diligent !

Assume for a moment there are interested parties.

There are two issues outstanding which are intrinsically linked and one of them is timing.

Timing in the sense that there appears to be no certainty as to the issue of the stadium, WHP, another site?, redevelopment of Goodison, degree of support from LCC and any other funding bodies. All of this affects the price a buyer is prepared to offer for the equity. A clear pathway for stadium resolution and you'd expect the price of the equity to increase.

Until the stadium issue is clear to potential purchasers/investors then the issue of price cannot be considered.

If I were planning a takeover and I already have stadium development experience, I'd honestly not want the current group to do any more than get firm commitments from the City.

I've no idea mate.

Discussing details doesn't necessarily mean they'd got to the nitty gritty of going through the books though. To be honest, I hadn't even thought of that. But anyway, if Company <A> had carried out due diligence then Company <B> wouldn't just ring them up and ask them what they'd found, they'd want to carry out their own due diligence, otherwise they wouldn't be being very diligent !

A very thorough response

If I were planning a takeover and I already have stadium development experience, I'd honestly not want the current group to do any more than get firm commitments from the City.

It would have to be two conversations, one between current owners and investors, and two, LCC and investors. I doubt the investors would rely upon the club to present or advance stadium talks on their behalf. In a sense this is the difficulty the LCC find themselves in, what duty do they have to talk to potential investors over and above the current owners?

Assume for a moment there are interested parties.

There are two issues outstanding which are intrinsically linked and one of them is timing.

Timing in the sense that there appears to be no certainty as to the issue of the stadium, WHP, another site?, redevelopment of Goodison, degree of support from LCC and any other funding bodies. All of this affects the price a buyer is prepared to offer for the equity. A clear pathway for stadium resolution and you'd expect the price of the equity to increase.

Until the stadium issue is clear to potential purchasers/investors then the issue of price cannot be considered.

Totally agree.

In your opinion, does this mean that the announcement to be made re WHP by Joe Anderson (allegedly by the end of this month) becomes a potential deal maker/breaker?

Crossed with your latest post - sorry.

A potential American investor announcing he/colleagues are no longer interested but two other parties are talking with Chairman Bullmerde, just shouts out more lies/calling in favours to me.
Im a skepical as anybody about us being bought,but these calling in favours shouts just dont add up,if said American says he made a tentative
enquiry but decided i wasnt the right time place or whatever reason then says but theres a few others very interested how would this help blue
Bill?
if anything it would turn up the heat on the board just before the AGM because questions would be raised about the petential buyers

Totally agree.

In your opinion, does this mean that the announcement to be made re WHP by Joe Anderson (allegedly by the end of this month) becomes a potential deal maker/breaker?

Crossed with your latest post - sorry.

Potentially yes, LCC may have a response ready in the absence of potential investors, they may have another response ready if potential investors have engaged with them and there is agreement.

Without agreement there can be no new investors/buyers.

Im a skepical as anybody about us being bought,but these calling in favours shouts just dont add up,if said American says he made a tentative
enquiry but decided i wasnt the right time place or whatever reason then says but theres a few others very interested how would this help blue
Bill?
if anything it would turn up the heat on the board just before the AGM because questions would be raised about the petential buyers

I always ask an Englishman to vouch for me if I'm calling in sick and really at home playing FIFA.

Potentially yes, LCC may have a response ready in the absence of potential investors, they may have another response ready if potential investors have engaged with them and there is agreement.

Without agreement there can be no new investors/buyers.

This is scary.

Unless I am reading too much into your reply, it would appear that without any kind of commitment from LCC regarding a new ground, the price offered would be unacceptable to the triumverate (at least).

Oh well, c'est la vie.
:coffee:

This is scary.

Unless I am reading too much into your reply, it would appear that without any kind of commitment from LCC regarding a new ground, the price offered would be unacceptable to the triumverate (at least).

Oh well, c'est la vie.
:coffee:

I'm not saying anything with any certainty mate, I'm saying the logical conclusion is that without agreement and/or contribution by LCC and other 3rd parties the price paid for the equity must reflect that.

The owners of the equity must then recognise that in order to conclude a deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back