Everton takeover rumours

Will anything come of today's buyer/investor news?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
When people talk about the debt we are in,the last I heard it was a figure between 40/50 million,obviously a huge sum in the real world but in football terms mere chickenfeed,we surely are in rude health compared to a number of our competitors,one of our stellar players sold and its wiped out,yeah the ground issue is holding us back,but I fail to see why any investors looking at a top flight club would not be looking at tapping into the rich potential at Everton if you can get things right.
We massively under perform commercially aswell, get that right and it would really help out

Any developments on this or news of any sort? Haven't been keeping track of it over fear of getting my hopes up and heart broken.

If due diligence is under way then I'd say we won't get a sniff of news until that's complete, at which point a formal offer might be made and an EGM called.

I've worked for big companies with complicated accounts who've undergone due diligence and it's taken two to four months to get to the end of. Everton's a fairly simple business to carry out due diligence on and I'd expect it to take something of the order of four to six weeks, maybe two months tops if the accountants and auditors need to ferret a bit.

I can't see us hearing anything this month. If the interest is real and due diligence is being carried out I'd guess at mid to late November before any possible suitors would decide whether to proceed or not.

I just find it impossible to believe we will actually be bought. Being mid twenties, all I can remember is Kenwright, and the countless 'takeover' bids and '24/7 search' garbage. Would be a very pleasant surprise, but I just can't see it.

If Liverpool were in this situation, the Echo would run a front page headline of "LOWER THE PRICE".

For us, we get an article which glosses over the fact that the Americans said the price wasn't right, and instead focus on them saying "the timing wasn't right".

Assume for a moment there are interested parties.

There are two issues outstanding which are intrinsically linked and one of them is timing.

Timing in the sense that there appears to be no certainty as to the issue of the stadium, WHP, another site?, redevelopment of Goodison, degree of support from LCC and any other funding bodies. All of this affects the price a buyer is prepared to offer for the equity. A clear pathway for stadium resolution and you'd expect the price of the equity to increase.

Until the stadium issue is clear to potential purchasers/investors then the issue of price cannot be considered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back