Everton takeover rumours

Will anything come of today's buyer/investor news?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The comments made by the Kansas people are interesting for a couple of reasons.
It confirms that they came over to look at the club as a potential purchase. I think it probably was a preliminary trip to look at the Premiership in general and Everton in particular.
They have also highlighted something we had no inkling of previously...other potential buyers/investors.
I also think the people from Kansas have left the door open for themselves as I understand it they have said they are focusing on winning trophies in America but also said they will continue to look at the Premiership and that may well include Everton.

I have seen a figure off 225 million mentioned as the buying price but 72 hours ago we didn't even know there were possible investors, I don't understand how all of a sudden we can know the price, moreso when we have no idea who the other potential buyers mentioned are.

The European scouting and talent development arm of Sporting Kansas City!

:P

The fact that money is mentioned and quoted as being to high is good. All deals must have a starting point and any negotiation from that point is good .. My worry is "be careful what you wish for" as the most important thing is getting the right investment for the club so we can grow ...

Cant see the stadium thing being a turn off as the planned Kirkby Shed and the rumoured criteria for soon to be scuppered WHP would mean we have dodged two bullets.
yes but they'll be on the hook for trying to find a way to renovate goodison or fund a new stadium themselves. much easier for a buyer to look for a club with a newer stadium that doesn't need money pumped into infrastructure

yes but they'll be on the hook for trying to find a way to renovate goodison or fund a new stadium themselves. much easier for a buyer to look for a club with a newer stadium that doesn't need money pumped into infrastructure
Assuming that a takeover goes ahead, whether or not funding a stadium is a burden or an opportunity is dependent on how you fund it.
If it were funded by an immediate 1:1 rights issue, it would cost the investors with no immediate return on their investment.
However, if they have the wherewithal to do that, they would surely look at funding it via a company kept outside the group, selling it to the club and creating a loan on which interest would be paid. Effectively a mortgage.
My understanding is that the club would be debt free following a takeover, so in terms of cashflow doing this would not have a negative impact. (No JG funding or Prudential loan repayments)
Whilst it would impact on the P&L by increased intetest paid, I imagine that extra revenue from increased hospitality, capacity, naming rights and hopefully increased usage for other events would more than outweigh this.
Probably get burned as a heretic for suggesting this model to be honest.

Hell fire, that's a cynical scenario if you don't mind me saying.

A scenario similar to this almost happened with the NHL NY Islanders. Some dude with only about 250K convinced everybody he was a multi-millionare and bought the club. He almost pulled it off too only he couldn't make payroll and got indicted about a month before the TV check came in.

A scenario similar to this almost happened with the NHL NY Islanders. Some dude with only about 250K convinced everybody he was a multi-millionare and bought the club. He almost pulled it off too only he couldn't make payroll and got indicted about a month before the TV check came in.

As an Isles fan, sad but definitely true. Now we've got Chuck Wang

I tried to subtly hint at this earlier, but now you have said it.
And you are correct.

With the rumours of Bill being so poorly, are we expecting him at the AGM? I know he is meant to be there, just wondering if he is that poorly he cant attend.

It does seem very odd we haven't had sight or sound of him for a while now.

And on the subject of other parties involved, surely there has to be people looking at us - balking at the price or getting knocked back or blinded by suntan bob or other issues, there must be people looking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back