Everton takeover rumours

Will anything come of today's buyer/investor news?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Its not. Hell any of us could buy the club for 225M. Just wear a fancy suit and convince a bank or two for a loan. Then go full Mike Ashley and sell Coleman, Barkley, Rom and Stones for 130-170M. There's most of your debt right there. Then you can put your gutted side back on the market for say 150M because 1/2 the city wants you dead. Use 100M to pay off the rest of the debt you owe and walk away with 50M.

Hell fire, that's a cynical scenario if you don't mind me saying.

Of course we're an attractive club in terms of financial benefit for a buyer, every premier league club is. The stadium is an added conversation point in terms of what's got to be sorted out in the near future, but any potential buyer will know that if they put money into Everton they'll get far more out of it in the long run. People underestimate how big the TV money is, the English one came in this summer, but the American TV money comes in next summer and then the Asian TV money the year after, then the year after that the English TV money comes in again and it's predicted that it'll be almost double what it was this summer. Buying a premier league club at the moment is a no risk strategy for a businessman or group who knows what they're doing.

There seems to be few takers for this sure fire money making certainty. I think the stadium is a major consideration in regard to any potential buyer as it
Has to be paid for;
A site which would gain planning approval has to be found; and
The site has to appeal to the support.

I think the state of BKs health has a lot to do with all of this. Rumours that he's quite seriously poorly. I don't wish him any badness but if it's as bad as I'm lead to believe, he'll want the club sold sooner rather than later

I think the state of BKs health has a lot to do with all of this. Rumours that he's quite seriously poorly. I don't wish him any badness but if it's as bad as I'm lead to believe, he'll want the club sold sooner rather than later
I tried to subtly hint at this earlier, but now you have said it.
And you are correct.

....I respect the sentiment of those on here who say we shouldn't accept second best but I do think it's a case of this without investment. We are in survival mode, almost a hand to mouth existence dependent on managers who are effective at working within a limited budget in the transfer market.

Change will involve risk, if there is something happening it has to be the right people with the right intention.

....I respect the sentiment of those on here who say we shouldn't accept second best but I do think it's a case of this without investment. We are in survival mode, almost a hand to mouth existence dependent on managers who are effective at working within a limited budget in the transfer market.

Change will involve risk, if there is something happening it has to be the right people with the right intention.
For me it's getting to the point where a risk has to be taken. Sure we could stay with the safe option and tread water in mid table, but to realistically challenge for silverware a risk will ultimately have to be taken.

We could end up in a worse position of course, but without risks we'll get nowhere.

Find it strange the club have not commented (not sure if it would be right to do so)especially if a potential buyer was close to making a firm offer.
I have read somewhere there would be penalties if the loans were to be paid up, this could be a real sticking point .If such debts are and penalties are
already factored into the price ( £225 mil ) that looks an actractive figure to me.
If Heineman is to be believed and there are more than one interested party , it looks definate (hope !!!) something is about to happen.
As he says "in the next few months".....looks promising.
Looking back through the thread for this post regarding penalties.
The following is purely opinion and as such may be ignored/derided/shot down in flames.
The one that would concern me is the Prudential re gate receipts because if a take-over and a ground move were effected, the club would surely be over a barrel on respect of the terms of the original deal (think gate receipts and charge on Goodison). Would be interested to know what the penalty for early settlement would be, so if snyone's got a copy of the loan document to hand, feel free to share!
JG Funding is less of a concern because on the basis that it is short term and probably front loaded in terms of fees and interest, the money could be paid to an escrow account with the lenders lawyers to clear it when it becomes due thus avoiding any early repayment penalties
In the 2014 accounts, there was a further unidentified loan (but probably Barclays based on the charges still outstanding) which originated as Investec from memory. This was shown as being payable within 12 months (again from memory), so may not be an issue any more or is possibly a rolling 12 month thing, so not really a big concern as short term.
Enlighten me please. :coffee:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back