Everton ticket tout banned for three years

With regards to what the original topic is about.

The selling spare tickets for face value was just a facade there was clearly an ulterior motive as why would you want to spend all that time helping others out for getting nothing in return when they could just go directly to the seller themselves anyway.

With the season ticket and away credit issues can see Everton starting to follow what other teams are doing and clamping down on it soon.

Brighton have digital tickets with mandatory checks at away turnstiles if the name on the ticket doesn’t match the name on the ID you won’t get let in and you’ll have your account suspended. The problem is that wouldn’t work with Everton’s travel stewards as most are too familiar with the regulars/cliques they would have to be neutral for it to work.

As long as the season ticket seat is being passed on legitimately and the holder gets to a proportion of the games you can’t have too many complaints. Different circumstances for different people some
Genuine some not.

There's nothing in the ST T+C about not sharing with friends and family
It doesn't need to be in the terms and conditions as it's already legally accounted for:

It doesn't need to be in the terms and conditions as it's already legally accounted for:

Sorry, I worded it incorrectly.

The club (who hold the ultimate right to the ticket they sold me ) offers the facility for tickethokders to either re-sell the ticket privately to "friends and family" OR relist it with the club as a credit against next season's purchase.

I get it's frustrating for you, but as I'm probably 1 of at least a thousand ST holders who live overseas. We hold them because it's a ballache getting a decent seat.

Last edited:
Couple of points on the away system, and just my opinion.

1 - It works fine for those who are already in it, and doesn't work for those who are not. Should a system change because some people don't like it? I've been going to away games for the last 30 years. I have full credits from the last five or six, and 80%+ from those before. Should I have to start bringing ID or collecting my ticket because someone else doesn't like the way it works?

2- What is the difference between buying an away ticket and passing it to a friend or family, and buying a season ticket and doing the same? There seems to be a big issue with it happening at away matches, but its perfectly normal at home.

Sorry, I worded it incorrectly.

The club (who hold the ultimate right to the ticket they sold me ) offers the facility for tickethokders to either re-sell the ticket privately to "friends and family" OR relist it with the club as a credit against next season's purchase.

I get it's frustrating for you, but as I'm probably 1 of at least a thousand ST holders who live overseas. We hold them because it's a ballache getting a decent seat.
Agreed.
I'm overseas too and only go to a few matches a year. I didn't want to give it up as I'll never get one again when I return.

Unfortunately, most systems don't fit everyone's circumstances and as always people will find a way to abuse that system.

I think this is fair on the face of it, I give or sell away to friends, family, charity, fellow GOTers and via the ticket portal. It works very well for me.

The people crying about the away credit system where nowhere to be seen when you had to glue the previous stubs to a savings sheet. You can't just turn up all of a sudden and expect to leapfrog people who have been going for decades. That being said loads of people do credit horde and sell then on so I wouldn't be against a random number having to collect their tickets on the day of the match.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back