Everton ticket tout banned for three years

Yes I agree, we go to them all but there are loads that buy them to sell on and keep their credits high, that why I suggest they do a collection in person for say 3/400 at somewhere like Brighton
I know someone who gets tickets for every away game, yet only goes to perhaps 3 or 4 games. As long as people attend games that's fine. Before Martinez you could get away tickets for most games with just a season ticket. I just think it's wrong that people are buying tickets with no intention of going. It's funny how people don't have work requirements when it's a big game, yet when it's Newcastle on a weeknight or Brighton people can't attend. I don't have am issue people selling tickets face value or passing tickets to family members. I just think Everton should at least make sure people who buy away tickets actually bother to attend. Nobody has a problem with loyal fans who regularly go away being rewarded, they just don't want people who don't bother going getting credits for not turning up.

Couple of points on the away system, and just my opinion.

1 - It works fine for those who are already in it, and doesn't work for those who are not. Should a system change because some people don't like it? I've been going to away games for the last 30 years. I have full credits from the last five or six, and 80%+ from those before. Should I have to start bringing ID or collecting my ticket because someone else doesn't like the way it works?

2- What is the difference between buying an away ticket and passing it to a friend or family, and buying a season ticket and doing the same? There seems to be a big issue with it happening at away matches, but its perfectly normal at home.
I don't know what's wrong with the idea that fans should have name on their ticket and have to provide ID. It happened at Brighton once. If the system is unfair, fans have every right to complain. If you attend games it's not gonna be a problem for you. If someone passes on their season ticket for free to a family member or friend that's fine. However under current system someone could make a decent amount touting for away games, it wasn't a problem when demand for tickets wasn't as high. Fans who go to away games deserve the credits, fans who don't go shouldn't get credits. Rewarding fans who travel long distances with credits makes sense nothing wrong with that system it shouldn't change.

Know a lad who gets tickets from ST holders who are unable to attend certain home games and flogs them off at face value on their behalf to those of us out of towners, nay 'Woolies', who are no longer 'regulars'. He doesn't make a penny...unless the ST holders drop him a fiver for selling their ticket on their behalf. Seems more than fair given that the ticket doesn't go to waste, isn't sold on at profit and the STH recoups most of their money aside from a little commission to compensate the time and effort taken to move the ticket on.

I wish those who are hogging a season ticket without going to at least the majority of games would have a thought for those of us who have been on the season ticket waiting list for years and cant get one and would go to every game. Thanks guys, thanks a lot.

I wish those who are hogging a season ticket without going to at least the majority of games would have a thought for those of us who have been on the season ticket waiting list for years and cant get one and would go to every game. Thanks guys, thanks a lot.
I’ve been a STH since 1977. I do go to every game home and away. If someone decides they don’t want to go, that’s their choice. They’ve paid for the ticket, therefore it’s their money they’re wasting.

The people crying about the away credit system where nowhere to be seen when you had to glue the previous stubs to a savings sheet. You can't just turn up all of a sudden and expect to leapfrog people who have been going for decades. That being said loads of people do credit horde and sell then on so I wouldn't be against a random number having to collect their tickets on the day of the match.
I don't think they're the ones crying though - or if they are then they need to wind their neck in haha.

The people who I think are unhappiest are those who go regularly but don't have the credits to show for it. In 21/22 I went to all 44 competitive games that season, home and away, yet I think I came away with only 3 credits. Last season I only missed 6 away games, yet had 2 credits come May. I'm not actually bothered about the current system because I get one every week regardless, but I'd understand the complaints from those who are at 75% of away games yet have 0 credits whilst someone has 20-24 credits whilst only attending 2-3 games. That's obviously wrong and needs fixing.

I don't think they're the ones crying though - or if they are then they need to wind their neck in haha.

The people who I think are unhappiest are those who go regularly but don't have the credits to show for it. In 21/22 I went to all 44 competitive games that season, home and away, yet I think I came away with only 3 credits. Last season I only missed 6 away games, yet had 2 credits come May. I'm not actually bothered about the current system because I get one every week regardless, but I'd understand the complaints from those who are at 75% of away games yet have 0 credits whilst someone has 20-24 credits whilst only attending 2-3 games. That's obviously wrong and needs fixing.
Yes, I know what your saying. It's okay for me and our group of 9 as we all have the maximum credits so aways are easy for us to get. We do actually go to them all aswell. It's right that whoever uses the ticket should get the credit though. Maybe having a steward there who can log the ticket you are using and transfer the credit accordingly may be an answer.

Anyone know what this site is and how they are getting away with it?

They say they have nearly 700 tickets for the Brighton game, prices starting from £90.

Anyone know what this site is and how they are getting away with it?

They say they have nearly 700 tickets for the Brighton game, prices starting from £90.
If that’s the case, the club can also be described as “touts”. They must be getting a fair wedge off these companies to sell so many . It does make you think. One rule for one, one for another.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back