Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
NB: Poyet wanted to sign van Dijk at Brighton when Brighton already had Dunk. Could not do so because the £4.5 million transfer fee would mean that it would contravene the FFP rules. Not that sort of thing worried other clubs. Source of discontent for Poyet about not getting the players he wanted.

The same style of players, dominating centre half rather than covering. Dunk was error prone and still may be? Both able to play the ball out of defence and not just hoof it. Dunk socres goals as well; leading scorer at Brighton two seasons ago.

Brighton will try to keep Dunk, but will not pay the wages for Premier League reserves. However, with promotion bonuses (if Brighton go up) the wages for Dunk would be quite high to make him jump ship. Brighton turned down £5 million from Fulham for Dunk so the transfre fee would be in excess of that.

Like all Championship clubs, Brighton make a loss and have to sell players. But the rewards of the Premier are so big, they will not be in a hurry to sell young players. (PS: they sold Ulloa but he was five years older.)

Dunk is good at back pedalling clearing headers (a good skill) and playing the ball out of defence (expected in the Premier) and I have not seen anything of van Dijk that makes me think he is any better.

WTF?????????????

He's worth it IMO

Cracking keeper

He'd probably have one move left after leaving us anyway, so we'd get a fair bit of the money back for him down the road
NAH.

lol caps. I want our keeper to be our keeper. No selling them on unless we got silly money down the line. So why we need to get it right, because once you have your keep sorted, you don't need to worry about thst postion for 10 plus years.

So Forster two months ago, I'd happily have him here. Forster on new 5 hear contract is going to cost far too much based on that, thst he is English, and koeman wants him.

We can get just as good keepers elsewhere for much less, I mean Forster came from celtic lol. I just want us to put some money up on a keeper, just not be rivalling lukakus fee unless we are getting Courtois or De Gea or someone of that calibre

We need to be very careful with what we do this summer, temas in the past who have had big budgets usualy end up paying over the odds for players or these players do not settle etc think Di Maria 65mil, Benteke 32mil, Lamela 30 mil, Sterling 50mil, Mangala 30mil, Otamendi 30mil, Depay 22mil the list could go on and on or they can go and buy 6/7 players for 20-25 million each (think RS last 2 seasons & Spurs when they sold bale) and if they are lucky 1 or 2 will come good.

We need to keep the squad small, with no european football and us needing to upgrade our fitness levels a small squad will do that as it gives the coaches more time to see how a players individual fitness is (in a big squad you can slip under the radar if you are't putting 100% in)

Goalkeeper is a must
Lukaku replacement is a must
Backup for Lukaku replacement is a must
Left mid is must
Centre mid possibly (only if we get rid of one of McCarthy, Barry or Besic, same applies with centre half)

Anything else is just buying for the sake of it unless a first team player leaves and they need replacing.

With the array of kids coming through also im sure alot of them are more than capible of making the step up incase of injury
With any luck mate, we get monchi in soon as well. He will already have an idea of who to sign.

I think it's less to do if overpaying and more signing the right players. So if Koeman wants a new winger for example, we sign a winger that koeman wants, not one that is meant to be good.

I'm happy to back the club doing that even if it meant not getting some big name as a result.

Most City fans think he's full of equidae excrement but he has called a few things right. Whether that's by accident, copying the posts of other ITK's or he genuinely knows stuff is debatable.

Very yes please.

No thanks Friend

We aren't interested in nasri lol too old for a starter.

He is a bit of an enigma player as well, got an ego about him and fantastic when he can be arsed. But that's the issue, hardly ever turns up. Compared to his partner in midfield silva who is everything nasri should be.

were doing things the hard ways as always,

my plan would of been, raid Leicester for Ranieri / all their players & staff
then we will win the league lads wont cost much surely

would of even bought the King Power Stadium for the new stad ffs. MOSH OUT

Imagine, Janssen is about the same price as Niasse.

One is top scorer in Holland and at 21 is first choice forward for their national team...the other is a journeyman footballer who even looks poor on youtube.
Holland is a average league,there has been a list of goalscorers who have bagged goals for fun in that league and have come to the EPL and done nothing of note.

Kezman Alvez VanWinkle DeJong Depay at the top of my head who have flopped here in the last 10 years.

And the only success in that time frame has been Suarez Bony and maybe Kuyt who was prolific as a striker at feyenoord but eventually turned into a wide player at the RS.

Holland is a average league,there has been a list of goalscorers who have bagged goals for fun in that league and have come to the EPL and done nothing of note.

Kezman Alvez VanWinkle DeJong Depay at the top of my head who have flopped here in the last 10 years.

And the only success in that time frame has been Suarez Bony and maybe Kuyt who was prolific as a striker at feyenoord but eventually turned into a wide player at the RS.
Jozy altidore scored 39 in 67 in holland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back