Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Though it wouldn't surprise me I'd wait for someone other than talk sport to report it haha

But yeah, makes sense to grab the both of them at the same time.
yep, it was a weird interview because the French guy just spoke about emery, but when David Jacobs mentioned munchi , the interview continued as if it was the pair joining and it is just the compensation to Blanc that was being settled.

Strange choice for him, can't imagine he'd oust Kane as first choice any time soon.

Not really. They're in the CL - a London club, and he'll be getting a huge pay rise. Pochettino wants younger players, and will give him the chance to shine - plus Spurs are in desperate need of a back-up striker considering they've got CL to deal with next year. It makes a lot of sense

yep, it was a weird interview because the French guy just spoke about emery, but when David Jacobs mentioned munchi , the interview continued as if it was the pair joining and it is just the compensation to Blanc that was being settled.

Yeah the rumours here was the same so with the talk of blanc leaving, he is the best manager on the market I think k (including our new one).

Just talk sport tend to spout nonsense, remember it was them telling Esk we should be happy with Hughes and Moyes! They are click bait media, want people to tune in so give them any sort of story to reel them in

Strange choice for him, can't imagine he'd oust Kane as first choice any time soon.

Pochettino has made it clear that Kane needs more rest during the season, so Janssen will get plenty of minutes to impress and being second choice striker at a CL club is a good opportunity. If some injury did happen to Kane *touch wood* he would all of a sudden have a chance of playing full CL and PL games.

Plus Pochettino is well know for improving young players so it's all round an attractive choice.

Not sure if it's the blue tinted glasses but I don't think the first 11 needs that much tinkering with to be honest. I honestly believe we have a great amount of quality within the current team. Some of the football we played last season was as good as I've seen over the last 30 years. Failure to drop Howard earlier probably cost us around 10 points, and a combination of poor fitness/poor game management probably cost us anther 15/20 points in games we mostly dominated. Come March we could/should have been challenging for the league, never mind top 4, and the final 10 game disaster wouldn't have happened.

Some of the blame must rest with the players. Defensive errors, lots of missed chances (Rom and Kone being the biggest culprits), and the disgraceful attitude shown during that last 10 game period, all paid their part. But I lay most of the blame with the manager as I'm sure most others do. He's GONE. We have a new guy in, who I believe will make a hell of a difference, and he's bringing with him his own fitness coach who will hopefully get the lads back into shape too. We also have a wealth of talent coming through the youth set up and, with no Europe, we don't need a huge squad anyway. I also wouldn't worry about the 8 home grown rule. With the likes of Pennington, Browning and Garbutt being added to last seasons quota, I reckon we have around 12/13 that meet the criteria. Plus we don't HAVE to have 8 home grown in the 25 man squad anyway, we just can't have more than 17 overseas players. Any potential shortfall can be made up with youth players.

Yes we do need to get rid of a lot of deadwood. Howard has gone already and Gibson, Pienaar, Osman and Hibbert are out of contract, to which I would add Oviedo, Cleverly, one of Barry or McCarthy, McAleny, McGeady, Kone and, sadly, Niasse, who is never a footballer in a million years.

If the figures are true, we have a budget of £100m for new purchases, and perhaps another £10/20m raised from sales. I would use this to buy 4 quality players. First and most important is a top top goalkeeper. We have seen with the likes Man U, Spurs, and Arsenal amongst others, the difference this can make in points won/saved. Has to be our top priority in my view and if we have to spend £40m so be it. Secondly we need a forward playmaker to take some of the workload off Ross. Maybe somebody who can play either on the left or central. Thirdly, a second striker to share the workload with Rom. Finally, a footballing central midfielder with a bit of snide. Somebody who can maybe take on the captains armband too. I just feel as though we need to break up the McCarthy/Barry partnership as it doesn't work.

Obviously part of my thinking is that we keep hold of all of our top players. I do believe RK can work his magic on Stones but accept that Rom may already be a lost cause, in which case sell for as much as poss and bring in one, or perhaps even two strikers to replace him (one of whom can maybe also cover left wing position).

I don't profess to be a top class scout and am not going to give a FIFA list of who we should go after. I'll leave that to Zat & co. But I do believe that with the budget we have, there is plenty of quality to go after and I would suggest shopping outside of the premiership where we will undoubtedly find better value for Mosh's hard earned cash. One name I will put forward however is Hakim Ziyech. I have followed his progress for the last 2 years and he is pure quality, as good as Mahrez for me. I reckon we could get him for around £12m which would give us £100m for the other 3 signings.

My squad would look as follows

Robles
New GK

Coleman
Jagielka
Stones
Funes Mori
Baines
Garbutt
Browning
Galloway
Pennington
Kenny
Connelly

McCarthy/Barry
Besic
New Midfielder
Davies
Ledson/Walsh

Deulofeu
Lennon
Mirallas
Tarashaj
Barkley
Hakim Ziyech
Dowell

Rom
New striker
Rodriguez

Provided we get the new signings right, which we should with the funds available, this is a squad brimming with quality, pace, goals and youth. With the right management and tactics, surely good enough to be in the mix for CL spot come the end of the season. Plus it should give us the opportunity to blood some of our exiting youngsters.

Last edited:
Not sure if it's the blue tinted glasses but I don't think the first 11 needs that much tinkering with to be honest. I honestly believe we have a great amount of quality within the current team. Some of the football we played last season was as good as I've seen over the last 30 years. Failure to drop Howard earlier probably cost us around 10 points, and a combination of poor fitness/poor game management probably cost us anther 15/20 points in games we mostly dominated. Come March we could/should have been challenging for the league, never mind top 4, and the final 10 game disaster wouldn't have happened.

Some of the blame must rest with the players. Defensive errors, lots of missed chances (Rom and Kone being the biggest culprits), and the disgraceful attitude shown during that last 10 game period, all paid their part. But I lay most of the blame with the manager as I'm sure most others do. He's GONE. We have a new guy in, who I believe will make a hell of a difference, and he's bringing with him his own fitness coach who will hopefully get the lads back into shape too. We also have a wealth of talent coming through the youth set up and, with no Europe, we don't need a huge squad anyway. I also wouldn't worry about the 8 home grown rule. With the likes of Pennington, Browning and Garbutt being added to last seasons quota, I reckon we have around 12/13 that meet the criteria. Plus we don't HAVE to have 8 home grown in the 25 man squad anyway, we just can't have more than 17 overseas players. Any potential shortfall can be made up with youth players.

Yes we do need to get rid of a lot of deadwood. Howard has gone already and Gibson, Pienaar, Osman and Hibbert are out of contract, to which I would add Oviedo, Cleverly, one of Barry or McCarthy, McAleny, McGeady, Kone and, sadly, Niasse, who is never a footballer in a million years.

If the figures are true, we have a budget of £100m for new purchases, and perhaps another £10/20m raised from sales. I would use this to buy 4 quality players. First and most important is a top top goalkeeper. We have seen with the likes Man U, Spurs, and Arsenal amongst others, the difference this can make in points won/saved. Has to be our top priority in my view and if we have to spend £40m so be it. Secondly we need a forward playmaker to take some of the workload off Ross. Maybe somebody who can play either on the left or central. Thirdly, a second striker to share the workload with Rom. Finally, a footballing central midfielder with a bit of snide. Somebody who can maybe take on the captains armband too. I just feel as though we need to break up the McCarthy/Barry partnership as it doesn't work.

Obviously part of my thinking is that we keep hold of all of our top players. I do believe RK can work his magic on Stones but accept that Rom may already be a lost cause, in which case sell for as much as poss and bring in one, or perhaps even two strikers to replace him (one of whom can maybe also cover left wing position).

I don't profess to be a top class scout and am not going to give a FIFA list of who we should go after. I'll leave that to Zat & co. But I do believe that with the budget we have, there is plenty of quality to go after and I would suggest shopping outside of the premiership where we will undoubtedly find better value for Mosh's hard earned cash. One name I will put forward however is Hakim Ziyech. I have followed his progress for the last 2 years and he is pure quality, as good as Mahrez for me. I reckon we could get him for around £12m which would give us £100m for the other 3 signings.

Robles
New GK

Coleman
Jagielka
Stones
Funes Mori
Baines
Garbutt
Browning
Galloway
Pennington
Kenny
Connelly

McCarthy/Barry
Besic
New Midfielder
Davies
Ledson/Walsh

Deulofeu
Lennon
Mirallas
Tarashaj
Barkley
Hakim Ziyech
Dowell

Rom
New striker
Rodriguez

Provided we get the new signings right, which we should with the funds available, this is a squad brimming with quality, pace, goals and youth. With the right management and tactics, surely good enough to be in the mix for CL spot come the end of the season. Plus it should give us the opportunity to blood some of our exiting youngsters.

Need a horrible [Poor language removed] CB in that squad

Robles
New GK

Coleman
Jagielka
Stones
Funes Mori
Baines
Garbutt
Browning
Galloway
Pennington
Kenny
Connelly

McCarthy/Barry
Besic
New Midfielder
Davies
Ledson/Walsh

Deulofeu
Lennon
Mirallas
Tarashaj
Barkley
Hakim Ziyech
Dowell

Rom
New striker
Rodriguez

That Central midfield makes baby jesus cry real tears.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back