Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm, maybe. I'd prefer a real proven quality forward as well if we do sell Lukaku (Lacazette would be one). He's still young, but also has lots of experience under his belt.

I have my doubts about Janssen if he had to be first choice...
If we could sign Lacazette that would be tremendous. The question is whether we can draw that level player. To me this is why we need our first signing to be a statement, one to show other players that this is a club on the rise. Koeman is a good step, but a Juan Mata (or a Joe Hart - even though there are likely other less expensive options) could be more valuable than we think.

Mata's history with Koeman makes me think he would be a possibility...

Ha - to go all silly season, sign Mata, Hart, Lacazette, Milik, Ziyech and Dann (or Van Dijk if that is who Koeman wants).

Plus keep John Stones. What an offseason that would be.

If we go into the season and Robles is the number one keeper it will be another ugly season. Robles is a steady number 2. Need an upgrade in that position.

Agree with all of that mate but your last part is in a lot of danger of sounding very much like Hanson's 'you can't win anything with kids' comment.

It's a balance. A good manager with a good set up (DoF comes into play here) will be able to get that balance right.

If you're good enough you'll be picked, no matter what the age.

There does seem a clamour from some quarters, however, to have a team full of 18/19 year olds who haven't proven anything and simply aren't ready.

I'm confident Koeman will get the balance right. He played the young players he thought were good enough at So'ton. From the current crop of academy players, that was Ward-Prowse, Reed and Targett. I imagine he'll do the same for us
What I mean is in terms of the academy. Signing a 21 year old for the first team is different to promoting an 18 year old from the academy. They may not be able to make the step up if you have focus on doing that.

I mean for example, putting Davies, dowell, ledson now against matic, Kante, toure, fabregas, swienstieger etc top midfielders need experience against them. Blooding them throughout a season is great but it limits their play time. Sending them out on loan may not be the best idea either because the manager there and coaches might be no good. Again for example our coaches and manager were terrible until recently.

I just don't think that saying promote the academy is the way forward without having an academy to do that with. When you look at arsenal, Chelsea, city, they have an academy to do that with whereas we don't. But then that raises the issue of stock piling youth players as well. I just think k there has been plenty of young lads destined for the first team who have failed before they had chance to, and far too many promising ones have found their level below the Premier league. So without a massive overhaul of the academy and move away from just getting mostly local lads is the only way having a youth policy would work in the level that we hopefully are striving to be at.

"absolute world class goal keeper, not very good at stopping penalties. Is the undisputed national team's 1st choice".

An Ajax supporters opinion I follow on Twitter.

Never really watched him myself like.

Dowell is a strange one, very talented but not quite their yet on first glance, off the trio of him, davies and kenny he looked the one who was taken aback a little by the pace of the league compared to what he was used too, then again that could easily just be the fact he is a different (more creative) type who looks to make things happen - BIG pre season ahead for him though, as now he has experienced the pace of the game, will be itneesting how he adapts and pushes on.

Davies for me looks ready right now to feature in the first team as does Kenny though, no more loans etc needed for either, but start to integrate them into the match day squads

I think that is Dowell's style mate. He can look like he is playing in slow motion but always gets time on the ball. I think he will have impact in the last third though especially with more game time. However he won't be all action like Barkley.

I think Davies and Kenny both look fine in their positions and hopefully get an opportunity to show in pre season what they can do. I do hope they are part of the first team squad when Koeman arrives. The other one I'd like to see moved up is Ledson who looks physically imposing.

If this war chest is to believed, I would love us to make a substantial offer for say Hazard or James for 50mill and see what response we get as also it would show we are serious.
Even if we fail I would certainly be encouraged.

I think a marquee signing would be great, only if they fitted what we were looking for. I wonder about Isco from Real Madrid.

One for the future - Jordan Pickford at Sunderland. A young keeper but one with great potential. Spent a season in the lower divisions with Preston and then recalled to Sunderland halfway through last term where in his first premier League start the Black Cats got bumped massively by the Spuds. Recall Big Sam saying that it would have easily been double figures if not for the goalie who wasn't to blame for any of the goals. I think this lad would be a great prospect and potentially a future England keeper into the bargain. Aged 21/22 so still a few years to develop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back