Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he could be exactly the 'type' of forward that RK looks to get in - irregardless of Rom going or not.

RK likes a 'runner' to stretch the game. Not like Moyes, who played forwards on the wing, but someone with pace and an engine to stretch the opposition defence.

I think that's the type of forward that needs to be targeted first and foremost. If Rom then leaves we also need a poacher/proper No.9
Gameiro/Janssen would have worked....

Gameiro/Janssen would have worked....

Hmm, maybe. I'd prefer a real proven quality forward as well if we do sell Lukaku (Lacazette would be one). He's still young, but also has lots of experience under his belt.

I have my doubts about Janssen if he had to be first choice...

Hmm, maybe. I'd prefer a real proven quality forward as well if we do sell Lukaku (Lacazette would be one). He's still young, but also has lots of experience under his belt.

I have my doubts about Janssen if he had to be first choice...
I'd love for us to get Janssen. Only if it's just for potential Think we'll have every chance too with Koeman in charge. He definitely shouldn't be first choice though. In an ideal world we keep Lukaku, get rid of Niasse and Kone and bring in two new strikers. Lacazette/Gameiro/Batshuayi etc...etc.. and someone like Janssen/Dembele/Embolo or I could even live with Shane Long.

Aye but it gives you the situation that i tried to tell zatara so many times. these kids at 18 and 19 are not good enough to fall into the first team unless you get a ross or wayne coming through. So the extent is, how do you focus on the first team and academy so much? If there is 5 young lads who need a run out, but then we are challenging for champions league football so need better players, and more experienced ones to be competitive.

Sending them on loan isn't always an option either long term. I'm all for sending them all out to gain experience but take ross for example, Warnock sent him back yet he was clearly the most talented player in elland road. The scouting report would therefore be negative for him when really he should have been on the cusp of breaking in to the team here.

Probably long winded but TLDR is you can't be competitive and focus on youth at the same time

Agree with all of that mate but your last part is in a lot of danger of sounding very much like Hanson's 'you can't win anything with kids' comment.

It's a balance. A good manager with a good set up (DoF comes into play here) will be able to get that balance right.

If you're good enough you'll be picked, no matter what the age.

There does seem a clamour from some quarters, however, to have a team full of 18/19 year olds who haven't proven anything and simply aren't ready.

I'm confident Koeman will get the balance right. He played the young players he thought were good enough at So'ton. From the current crop of academy players, that was Ward-Prowse, Reed and Targett. I imagine he'll do the same for us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back