Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
People who are pulling names out like Robinho and mangala as examples of wealthy people spunking money up the wall need to ask the simple questions ?
How good were they at the time ?
Was they needed at the time ?

Hindsight is a wonderful thing to have, in the cases of Robinho and Mangala city wanted Robinho to be a statement signing - it worked.
Mangala was brought in as one of the most sought after Centre half's in Europe, both seemed good business at the time.
Right now Everton need a goalkeeper, so if we pay £20m for Forster it would be good business, will he be good business in 5 years looking back ? Nobody knows.

Gk and left mid (pienaar esk), Don't think we need a complete rebuild. Would take Long from Southampton as back up or to play with two upfront. Imagine Long and ..Niasse ??
Ok long and Kone ??
.....So we need two strikers, GK and a left mid ( pienaar esk) a right back ...forgot about right back cover.
Also Possible replacements for Lukaku and Stones, Can't see either here next season if i'm honest.
So yeah quite a rebuild actually.

Decent player when he wants and a reasonable fee but can he perform consistently.

He was more consistent than any of our wingers last season, mind.

Reminds me of Kev but has a bit more power about him. Would stick with Kev tbh - I think based on last term Arnautovic is better but they're both pretty similar.

perhaps so, haven't really followed him to offer an opinion.

What's made you think (or offered the suggestion) that we're after him mate? Just curious...

He's a decent player but a few years ago was threatening to be one of the brightest young talents. Moved to PSV from I believe AZ (?) after the world cup and he's never really nailed down a starting place there. He's certainly not a winger, but he seemed to be at his most effective when played as a 10 for AZ. At PSV he's more of an 8 but never really grabbed the opportunity to shine IMO.

EDIT: Correction, he moved to PSV in 2013, based on a quick wiki

What's made you think (or offered the suggestion) that we're after him mate? Just curious...

He's a decent player but a few years ago was threatening to be one of the brightest young talents. Moved to PSV from I believe AZ (?) after the world cup and he's never really nailed down a starting place there. He's certainly not a winger, but he seemed to be at his most effective when played as a 10 for AZ. At PSV he's more of an 8 but never really grabbed the opportunity to shine IMO.

EDIT: Correction, he moved to PSV in 2013, based on a quick wiki
Come across someone with the same name, so coincidence sure but he is dutch and woouldn't cost too much lol

What do you mean you came accross someone with the same name?
I can't expand sadly.

It wasn't the real adam maher though lol Just come accross it and never come accross footballer name sakes . So by law of things, must mean he is playing for us next season, being dutch.

I never come across names of footballers.

So as we are going to be linked with dutch players now with koeman here, and adam maher being dutch, kinda two and two together means we must be signing him.

At least i'm not spouting that i am in the know about it, just that if he did get bought i can go back to my prediction lol

I never come across names of footballers.

So as we are going to be linked with dutch players now with koeman here, and adam maher being dutch, kinda two and two together means we must be signing him.

At least i'm not spouting that i am in the know about it, just that if he did get bought i can go back to my prediction lol

Yu never come accross names of footballers? Are you an estate agent and come accross his name or something?

this is going to be weird Everton actually spending cash
a transfer window without having to figure where the Arteta money is
never seen this coming last year ffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back