Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sincerely hope that the paper talk of Arnautovic is just that, idle paper talk.
Krul, decent goalie, but would think better could be found.
Witsel, honestly haven't seen enough of him to offer a fair appraisal, but there seems to be something about Belgians... that they are mercurially talented, but often fail to deliver.
Rom - rightly - has been lambasted for his performance vs Italy, but KdB and Hazard were largely ineffectual too.
Yes, some of Belgium's stars had an awful game against Italy. I would definitely include Witsel in that list. On that form I wouldn't want im anywhere near Goodison.

Play football with a few Belgian lads here and they all love him, for a couple of them he would be their favourite among this golden generation.

Have liked what I've seen of him, the little I've seen, but being honest I dont recall being blown away by any part of his game in particular. They seem to see him as the most reliable after Kompany in a squad that seems prone to drops in form.

In short I would be happy if we signed him, but not for more than 22,345,187€

He's a player who is super consistant as well mate, basically plays a 7-8/10 every single game, even vs Italy the other night he didn't have by any means a bad game, the damage italy done was over the top and down the channels =- not through the middle.

Watched him a fair bit at Zenit, can say with no shadow of a doubt if we sign him within a few months he'd be a massive favourite of ours for the way he plays.

Top clas defensive mid, who can also play box to box - can actually pass the ball a fair bit, great defensively and won't see any midfielder in this league get the better of him in a physical battle either, the upgrade for getting him over McCarthy or Barry would be absolutely massive

My sole concern with him is that he chose to move to russia and has never been tried in a top league. Seems to have it all though.

Massive money transfer mate for his club as well and for himself mate - and don't blame him - at the time a fair few very good players moved to Russia, meanwhilst a lot of that Belgium generation spent 2-3 years parked on the bench of big teams or shipped off by them on loans etc, at leats this lad moved - played and won things and got to play a lot of CL matches with a pretty good Zenit side

Don't want players who sell out there career for the Russian money while still in there prime years . Not the type of character we need imo . I think we should be aiming higher than Krul aswell

So you wouldn't have taken Willian then as he did the same as have a lot of very good players mate, you think the likes of De Bruyne and Lukaku etc who basically sat doing nothing on the Chelsea reserves showed more ambition than someone who moved and played football - won trophies and got to play in the CL every season for a good Zenit side?

Massive money transfer mate for his club as well and for himself mate - and don't blame him - at the time a fair few very good players moved to Russia, meanwhilst a lot of that Belgium generation spent 2-3 years parked on the bench of big teams or shipped off by them on loans etc, at leats this lad moved - played and won things and got to play a lot of CL matches with a pretty good Zenit side

For me I've always thought he's a good player, but I'm not sure if he's what we need if you get me. A bit like Yarmolenko, I'd be chuffed if we got Witsel, but he's not really a deep lying playmaker. He's more a 'water carrier'. Keeps things tidy in the middle of the park and is decent in a tackle.

For me I've always thought he's a good player, but I'm not sure if he's what we need if you get me. A bit like Yarmolenko, I'd be chuffed if we got Witsel, but he's not really a deep lying playmaker. He's more a 'water carrier'. Keeps things tidy in the middle of the park and is decent in a tackle.

Yarmolenko i have a thign for mate, have done for a whilst as you know, but Witsel is the type you can genuinely put into any side and they will improve a lot, he'd be the first name on the sheet for me in our team week in week out and then choose the midfield around him, the very definition of building a strong spine type of player

a poor game from Witsel is the equivalent of a good mccarthy game influence wise, when witsel plays really well he dominates the centre mid and game like no one we have had at the club for a long time, a top keeper, him, and better coaching then we'd be more than half way their already

He's also the type of player that you don't realsie how good he is until you watch him a fair bit mate, for that role he does thats a huge compliment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back